Lowering front end on the Scura

Guest 2001f4s

Guest 2001f4s

Thinking of lowering the front end of the bike since it seems difficult to lower the clip ons. I expect that it will make the bike steer slightly quicker. Has anyone had experience with this. Any input would be appreciated

Scott

what would you like to know?

It does quicken the sterring, for me it also brought in a pronounced weave going in a relaxed straight line (due to a more worn in front tyre compared to back) it would seem.

Handling & corner holding still excellent.

Alternative is 'proper' clip ons with forks pushed back up, if you want the race crouch without altering geometry too much.

I like it lower more often than not - when not doing l o n g distances.

Conversely, going back up allowed me to ease off on the steering dampener, so you don't 'fight' the steering as much.

If you want specifics , just let me know.

love the Scura! :helmet:

n_s_S!

Guest 2001f4s

I would like to be further forward on the bike. Is there more value to using the aftermarket clip on instead of lowering the front. I do want to avoid the weave, but would like a more aggressive position.

Thanks

There is not too much clamping area under the triple clamps on the 02 and newer bikes. I had to machine a shim for the fork step down in order to get enough clamping area. This is on the Ohlins fork, I do not know if the Zokes are the same. :huh2:

Mike