mob1 90w synth

Guest bshpilot

Guest bshpilot

im gonna dump the grease in the rear & trannie tomorrow...

id like to convert it to mobil 1 SYNTH. GEAR LUBE....anyone done

this ?

any reason i shouldnt ?

i run mob1 synth in the rear & trannie of my Kouch...and

add a little DOW CORNING MOLYKOTE (MoS2)...any reason i shouldnt

do this (in the rear) of the GUZ too ?

The moly isn't necessary with GL 5 oils as it already has EP additives, but maybe it wont hurt anything either :huh2:http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS...-90_80W-140.asp

Like to talk about oil ? http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Oil companies have spent A lot of $$$ & hours coming up with their additive packages. The opinion of major oil companies , is that moly or any other additive upsets the chemistry of the EP additives in the oil & may be detrimental. As Al says YMMV

I've had time to think on this subject & I believe I will bow out now... I don't want to belfast started :wacko:

The moly isn't necessary with GL 5 oils as it already has EP additives , but it wont hurt anything either

I once had a strange problem with my 94 BMW R1100 RSL after its first service. The fluids were replaced with BMW synthetic oils. After riding the bike for a tank full of gas in hot weather at freeway speeds, the bike would get stuck in 5th gear. I would really have to bash down on the shifter to get it to come out of 5th (usually when at a stop by now). Now this only happened when you did long jaunts at freeway speeds in hot weather. I had the bike back at the dealer many times for this condition and the dealer always came up with nothing, they drained the transmission and looked for metal etc. Still no problem found.

Anyway, when I had the next service preformed (at another dealer), they filled the transmission with Moto Guzzi trans oil which has the moly added. Presto, no more sticking in 5th gear! :mg::thumbsup::homer:

Why would moly help you ask? I think the moly acts as a dry lubricant as well and coats the shifting componets which was most likely causing my issues in the BMW trans.

Synthetic oil is great stuff, but I have learned my lesson about adding moly.

Mike