Recommend source for

kenm

Hi All,

I'm doing the Ohlins fork conversion on my V11Sport. Can somebody recommend a source for the bearings? I'm spending enough for the forks, etc. that I want to get high quality bearings too. Mike Stewart couldn't recommend a source but said to get Swedish or German bearings. Does anybody have a recommendation for a specific brand?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-ken

Most any industrial bearing supply house can help you. Depending on where you live some company names come to mind. Dixie Bearings, Applied Industrial Technologies. Motion Industries, Kaman, Bearing Distributors.

Some top bearing brands are SKF, FAG, Torrington, MRC, Fafnir. The wheel bearings are lightly loaded for their size and do not spin that fast. Bearings of this size are usually rated for over 10,000 rpm. Probably the most important consideration this case is the quality of the seals. Compare the cost of a class 3 bearing to a standard one.

Ken,

Talk to Joe or Gary at Channel City Engineering (corner of Cota and Laguna). They should be able to steer you to a local source in or near Santa Barbara.

tell them Fireman Andy sent you,

:luigi:

Give me the part number or size that you need and I can have the bearings to your place by Tuesday. The bearings will most likely be SKF or INA.  The SKF should be swedish in origin.  The INA are made all over the world.  I will accept a thank you and that's it.  I just want to see how this set-up turns out. :helmet:

35969[/snapback]

Gee, thanks! Here is the necessary size / type:

52x25x15mm / 6205 - 2rsi

I need two sets, one for each side of the wheel.

However, this is a well-known upgrade. Mike Stewart has done it to his V11S. I'm getting the forks from Paul Minnaert, who had done the same upgrade with them. Just search for the "hollow axle" thread to read about it.

Regards,

-ken :mg:

I will check on Monday concerning stock.  Are these bearings doulbe shielded or double sealed?  Are they 440 stainless or standard steel?  Email me your address and If the bearings are in stock, you will have them on Tuesday.

35977[/snapback]

I don't know the answer to your questions. Maybe Paul, Mike or someone else can answer them. I'll email you my address.

-ken