Two (and a half) questions

Guest Aughtsix

Guest Aughtsix

Yes, I've done a search and the best thread I could find was the daddy of axle threads - the hollow front axle thread, BUT, it didn't tell me whether or not Guzzi was still using the solid front axle in the '04 Rosso and Nero Corsas. It appears from their literature that they are, but I can't tell for sure. If they are, it's a stupid decision in my opinion; why have to stock two different forks from the same manufacturer when, as Al has shown, you can use the newer hollow axle forks from the Cafe Sport on the LeMans...

So, first question: Is Guzzi still using the solid axles in those two bikes?

Following: Is there some advantage to the solid axles?

Then, in reading the MGS01 thread, specifically page 9, and from comments of friends, I'm getting the impression - hopefully the misimpression - that Moto Guzzi is, for all intents and purposes, dead. That would, of course, mean no support and parts in the very near future, yes?

Second question: Is Guzzi dead?

:unsure:

Steve

All new ohlins bikes from guzzi have hollow axles. Don't get the wrong idea from older marketing pictures. Guzzi isn't dead but shure the people in mandello don't have the most happy time, and this time not because they are doing bad work, but because the aprilia group is in trouble, and waiting to be taken over by piagio.

Only they have to wait for banks, the european commision and more.

Guzzi is the same as apple computer, they tell you every time that they are aren't going to survive, and look they are still there.