2000 v11 sport tach

dukdark750

I just bought this blike and I love it...with a few exceptions....The tach drive seems to only work every so often???? any ideas....I've been real busy and haven't had time to actually look it over..but the previous owner told me that the dealer had fixed this already as part of the recall?????...any help would be much appreciated!!!

by the way this is one of the best bike specific sites I have ever come across!!!! :bier:

Brian in New Jersey

2000 v11

2000 ducati monster dark

1969 Royal enfield 750 iNterceptor

1966 Re cont. Gt 250

This doesn't directly answer your question but...

My tach died a couple months ago and I've been too busy to get into it. So I've been ridding w/o and finding that the damn thing was pretty much a distraction anyway and that I prefer not having it!

There is also allot of tach info on the forum.

I just bought this blike and I love it...with a few exceptions....The tach drive seems to only work every so often???? any ideas....I've been real busy and haven't had time to actually look it over..but the previous owner told me that the dealer had fixed this already  as part of the recall?????...any help would be much appreciated!!!

by the way this is one of the best bike specific sites I have ever come across!!!!  :bier:

Brian in New Jersey

2000 v11

2000 ducati monster dark

1969 Royal enfield 750 iNterceptor

1966 Re cont. Gt 250

36548[/snapback]

hi andy here

, when my v1100 tacho played up it stopped charging too, was found to be poor connection under one of those underseat relays.try wigglin the wires around there.

rossoandy uk

my tach died on me after about 20000 km but it is possible to fix the tach's got mine fixed and is working like a charm again..

ciao jasper

I just bought this blike and I love it...with a few exceptions....The tach drive seems to only work every so often???? any ideas....I've been real busy and haven't had time to actually look it over..but the previous owner told me that the dealer had fixed this already as part of the recall?????...any help would be much appreciated!!!

I had the exact same problem. Somewhere in the site there's instructions on running an additional earth return from one of the instrument mounting screws to the crankcase and then from crankcase to battery. Obviously doesn't matter exactly where you place the terminals but I remember I went from the right side of the crankcase/gearbox mating face as the easiest to access when going to the battery. You have to look extremely hard to find any of it and tach worked, completely, 100 % from that day on. I used to also have a bit of a problem with losing battery charge in storage and this fix also completely cured that as well .... best hour you'll ever spend.

• 2 weeks later...