exhaust re-adjustment

robbiekb

So obviously from this post I fully subscribe to the Dave Gross school of "I ride em till it breaks, then i bitch and moan for help on the forum with little personal technical knowledge of my v11 :) "

ok so here's the deal, I just moved from Seattle, WA to Santa Monica, CA and on the way down the bike took a bit of a beating on the back of the trailer courtesy of our suberbly smooth I5.

The right fender of the trailer was bouncing off the sidestand which in turn was pushing on the exhaust around about the crossover. The end result is that the exhaust on that side of the bike is now touching the engine casing and the crossover is obviously off center....

So here's the question, once i get all of the crap from moving out of my garage so i can actually get to my bike (its buried in the back), is it as fairly straightforward as i'm hoping to just manhandle the exhaust back to its original position and then tighten everything back down again or is it best for me to lay off and check it into a dealer ? My biggest concern is obviously placing stress on certain joints on the exhaust, after all the money i've shelled out recently i'm not too keen to have to replace cracked headers just coz i never got my pipes adjusted correctly :)

Thanks !

Robbie

p.s. if anyone is down my way, i'm set up for guests now (DAVE ?)

Tried quoting you to no avail... so here go:

Hey Robbie, congrats and Welcome to SoCal!!!

Exhaust... nope you're thinking the right way. A dealer will simply do the same thing.

Visit/guests... I'll be through Pacific Palisades (not too shabby of an area there) over the weekend, or on Monday. Perhaps I can make a pit stop for a bit.

Shout back here and direct also.

ToddGuzziTech.com

Heh Todd,

feel free to stop on by, if i'm not at the house , i'll be down setting up the office on 3rd and wilshire in santa monica. Man i love this area, for some reason i thought that LA was flat :)

i'll send you our address and contact info and make sure that we have cold beers, coffee and food in the house :)

Robbie

feel free to stop on by, if i'm not at the house , i'll be down setting up the office on 3rd and wilshire in santa monica. Man i love this area, for some reason i thought that LA was flat :)

i'll send you our address and contact info and make sure that we have cold beers,

Will take you up on that... L.A. flat, rrrriiiiiggggghhhhht.

Didn't get any info from you direct, try again to e-mail me direct.

ToddGuzziTech.com