motorcycle show

Guest rrbasso

Guest rrbasso

I went to the internation motorcle show last night here in the bay area to see the new stuff, and i have to say that everyone had nice displayes and it was a good time till I found Guzzie, it was tucked behind the huge Aprilla display literly in a corner no lights and not really maney bikes, and no one to talk to about them if you where luckey enouf to find them. I ride a Guzzi so i am use to being a loner in the sea of bikes but this just made me sad it was pathetic, Guzzi should of not showed up and left it a mistery insted of cumming off like a seckond class citezen. :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, Aprillia and Moto Guzzi aren't even going to show up for the Seattle Motorcycle show. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it from a marketing point of view. This is their one real chance to get folks to actually look at the bikes who would otherwise just dismiss magazine articles or ads based on preconcieved ideas.

Sometimes I think MGNA must really be annoyed by those of us that actually buy a Moto Guzzi after all the obvious effort they go through to keep it from happening! :D

Randy

I heard from the local dealer today that MGNA will try to have the MGS, Griso and 1100 Breva at both the Seattle and Vancouver bike shows. However it cannot be confirmed! I hope it will be so!

36799[/snapback]

It would be nice if Guzzi had those bikes at any show, considering that they advertised the 1100 Breva in their 04 pamphlet. So where is it? I was at the show in Chicago in February and the MG booth was pathetic....my dealer had more MGs to look at. I ordered a Griso from him and he told me to look for it in early 06 :angry: I don't know what the employees of MGNA do all day...they don't have any spares to send you if you need them, they are always on vacation, and they lost the warranty on my LeMans. At least my dealer is sympathetic and does all he can for the Guzzisti. It really is a great machine, too bad the manufacturer doesn't give a s--t!

.....hrmm, last years display was quite nice and large(for MG), but yes, along with the other European bikes(and assorted oddballs) their display was in the Annex building, and smaller than the big 4 Japanese or HD frenzies.... but what do you expect :P

MG was located "behind" Aprilia every year I have attended, so that's not really new, but don't think I'll be making this year.... so I can't compare this year's with previous.

al

This year, MG had the most bikes I've ever seen at their booth. I would guess though, that some of them were stock from local dealers. Not a single LeMans thouogh. I didn't take a count of anything, but there were at least two Breva 750's, two Nevada 750's, a stone of some sort, a touring Stone model of some sort (obviously, my interest lies elsewhere), a Ballabio, a Fast by Ferraci V11 Sport and the three show specials of future productions. There may have been more, but I kept getting distracted by the pneumatic blond Aprilia brolly girl.

Anyone have any photo's from the bike shows? I am thinking along the lines of new Guzzi's and brollie dollies of course!

36928[/snapback]

I rode down :bike: to the show from my home up the coast in Eureka specifically to see the new Triumph Sprint, the new Speed Triple and the GUZZI'S! :thumbsup:

How disappointing that I wasn't allowed to sit on the new Triumphs and that Guzzi was crammed into a corner with nothing I really wanted to see (not even one LeMans) except maybe the Griso (which I also wasn't allowed to sit on).

There didn't even seem to be that many vendors in attendence...

Thank goodness for those Guzzi babes :P:

ims-mg02.jpg

ims-mg01.jpg