Lift for V11

Guest sreavis

Guest sreavis

post-66-1100522161_thumb.jpgpost-66-1100522180_thumb.jpgpost-66-1100522191_thumb.jpgJust received a lift for the V11 Lemans. ALso works great on every bike in the garage (15). Allows you to lift from the front of the bike and is totally stable. I can drop the front wheel and forks by placing a small jack under the oil pan. Rick is a good guy to deal with. Been getting most my RG500 needs from him for years

http://www.peglift.com/

I think I posted some pics in correctly, sorry for the sub mega pixel quality

scott

Guest sreavis

There is a plastic PVC insert that is held in with a snap ring (this allows for some adjustability for pegs of widely different sizes by using a different insert). No marring or scarring and the bike is totally stable. Most of his sales go to the Cruiser Bike people (those without platforms). They use the stand primarily for cleaning their wheels etc etc. I just dropped the entire front end of my V11 with the bike on the peg stand and a small jack under the oil pan. It also breaks down into several pieces so depending on your luggage you can carry it along. I also use in on my RG500 and Ducati 900ss and both my dirt bikes.

Scott in NC

Interesting solution....

....seems like a lot of weight to put on the V11 style pegs and their relatively narrow diameter pins though  :unsure:

It doesn't bugger up the finish on the pegs?

al

37376[/snapback]

rinnan.JPGtakaah.JPGylos.JPGkeskelta.JPGetutaka.JPG

Here is my "self-made" modular hydaulic lifting system. I think that you get idea when I tell you that those bottle type hydraulic jacks cost about 10 dollars per piece (at least here in Finland). With these you can lift the bike from whatever point , for example, fork or frame tube .

I only added (by welding) the U-shape brackets and the support plates and their attachment means.

Works fine.

br, JuhaV

Juha....GOTCHA!

You have chicken strips  :bbblll:

37770[/snapback]

Antonio,

This goes way beoynd my language skills :D

Please explain what are those ?

- JuhaV

Antonio,

This goes way beoynd my language skills  :D

Please explain what are those ?

- JuhaV

37773[/snapback]

"Chicken strips" are the un-scuffed fringe of a motorcycle tire between the center strip and the ragged edge. "He-man, macho"-type riders pride themselves on having no chicken strips, as it means they're in imminent danger of low-siding their motorcycle on public thoroughfares, proving their worth as breeding material.

I especially like the morons who point out the chicken strips on my Lead Wing, completely oblivious to the fact that you cannot get the thing leant over more than about 35deg w/o grounding hard parts. Heh. It's also grossly unfair for a fair-weather So. Cal. rider to point out these to a European rider who has things like wet cobblestone roads to contend with that the So. Cal. rider would refuse to ride because it isn't manicured sufficiently... [NB: GuzziMike is excepted: he really *does* ride right up to the edge, on sandy, dirty mtn. roads that have GSXR riders crashing in his wake... :grin: ]

Skeeve, I couldn't see it any better. Thank you  :notworthy:

BTW, have you chicken strips too.. :D

37811[/snapback]

Skeeve, thanks for explaining this very relevant term to me :D

And Antonio, because of you I needed to leave the comfortable couch, go to my garage, wash the rear wheel to get rid of the dust, and take a better close-up pic for you -_-stripe.JPG

It seems that I am not able to lean over any further because of this thing :

stand.JPG

Now, please, so me YOUR rear tyre :grin:

br, JuhaV

... I have HUGE chicken strips, always have, and probably always will... as I'm not a very aggressive rider :huh2:

What's funny is that on other local, more "sport" oriented boards that I visit, the guys there will get all upset and defensive when this topic comes up, and get into "photo posting" wars showing whose 'strips are better/worse, and will even troll parking lots at bike hangouts to "out" folks that are "poseurs" <_>

...oh my lord :huh:

Anyway, it totally confuses them and derails the thread when someone like me pops in the middle of one of these pointless sizing-up contests... and says, "oh yeah, well I have huge chicken strips and am proud of it" :lol:

Who cares :rolleyes:

al