You do your own tuning?

jrt

I recently got my copy of Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) and was reading through it last night. Inside, the review various products and in this issue they mention a CO detector. Since the issue of tuning has come up several times recently, I thought this might be of general interest.

From MCN:

"If you ar a very serious home mechanic and own a bike like a Yamaha [ed: :blink: ] which is fitted with plugs in each exhaust header to allow individual CO adjustments, or a modern fuel injected machine, this $170 carbon monoxide tester can produce previously unobtainable accuracy in your tune-up efforts. Properly adjusted CO will provide superior driveability, idle smoothness and reduced emissions. This machine is very accrurate, and produces results within 0.5% of multi-thousand dollar professional gas analyzers. It attaches with alligator clips to your bike's battery fro easy portability. $169.95 from Auto Expert Products, Inc. (800)795-6958."

I have no affiliation with the analyzer- don't know anything more than what's printed above, but MCN usually does a good check on products.

cheers,

Jason

Guest rotorhead

I suppose thats all good but then the question arises of how to adjust the CO. I think that on the Guzzis anyway (15M) you have to have the software to make any changes as there is no mechanical adjust. Don't know if that holds true on the Jap bikes as well or not.

Keith

Hi,

Is it this one : http://www.aep.bigstep.com/digital1.htm

br, JuhaV

PS. In a newer FI guzzi you need in practise to have Power Commander to adjust CO. Some small stuff can be done with the airscrews or perhaps TPS adjustment, Older ECUs (16M) have a trimmer to adjust CO in 0 - 3000 rpm range.

WOW!!, I don't know while being a realist with the dealers blind faith, I found my local MG dealer had such a turn over in help(some guys where real good ) me thinks dealer f*cked up. HOWEVER, John T being such the Guzzi GUY @ Dyno Solutions @com, resolved all that stalling bullshit, the unrideability,the choopy nonsence when you let off the throttle and go to get back on, not only did I gain horsepower(4-6) in the 4k dip I got the confidence back in my skills that the bike needed the teeking not me . With this said IF you find a confident tuner there should be many out there, I don't think doing it yourself is always the best bet .John nailed it on pretty much the first or second go around( what I mean about that is that he teeked it before i rode it ) the fucking bike runs GREAT !!I'm on the rev limiter most times now ! With this said the guys out in EAST BUMFUCK . Hang in there I think there are very qualifield people that you can get this info from and or get them to email this to you (map etc.) We have a GREAT FORUM with many opinons strong and other wise. When you find the right tuner you'll know , we'll find you with the puckerd asshole and big smile!! Front wheel up where it should belong . May your forks always point to good fortune. LRB rossoct.

WOW!!, I don't know while being a realist with the dealers blind faith, I found my local MG dealer had such a turn over in help... me thinks dealer f*cked up. HOWEVER, John T being such the Guzzi GUY @Dyno-Solutions.com, resolved all...

So, rossoct... how do you really feel about the PCIII and John T's dyno tuning services? You must have missed the memo that this stuff doesn't work.

ToddGuzziTech.com

Certified PCIII Tech

I am another very satisfied PCIII user - it made a significant rideability difference and removes the 4k-5k stumble.

If you have the patience for tuning, then the next step (as Alain (TT Guzzi) suggests above) is to get a Wideband O2 monitoring system. This will be my next project.

Chris B.