Exploded diagrams

BrianG

Is there an online source out there for "parts" diagrams? I'd like to see what the headlight bits look like before I order the '96 Sport's fairing to screw onto the 2000 model.

You'll also need all of the headlight bits in addition to the sub-frame and so forth. A good source is Reboot Guzzi Spares UK.

You've got a bit of trimming to do for any fairings off any earlier sports. The V11 Sport gas tank is several inches wider than previous models. That same tank also sits lower over the spine, so fabricating some sort of support for the aft end of the fairing is necessary and looks to be a bit tricky. It's also going to be verrrrryyyyy tight, again, because of the wider tank. I'm in the process of doing exactly that for an early Daytona fairing. I just haven't screwed up the courage to go out into the cold garage and get started. If your 2000 model doesn't have the fairing mount lugs on the front of the frame, you'll have to get those welded on as well. The stock instrument panel will not fit. Period. You'll need to find something to take it's place. They can be found used, but there is an outfit in Germany that sells a replacement that comes with an oil temperature gauge - although I think that's overkill on these beasts. Mirrors may or may not be a problem depending upon whether you want to use the stock ones that Guzzi used. They're not that great of mirror according to some, (I like 'em) and tend to droop badly after a few years of bike vibration acting on the ball joint.

We should exchange notes as we head into our separate experiments. I haven't got my scanner hooked up presently, or I'd just post a gif of the parts.

And if you haven't viewed this thread: after market fairings