Stucci & Drilled out OEM cans = won't run?

al_roethlisberger

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, yesterday was one of "those days"... probably shouldn't have even have tried to leave the house after some point :lol:

In case one wasn't following my plan for this weekend, I was supposed to get a trailer and cart the bike up to Moto Italiano for all the Winter warrantee, tuning, and head work.... well it just wasn't meant to be...

- Meant to get started "early"... supposed to pick up trailer at U-Haul at 9am... I woke up late, and the whole highway was encased in fog, so no one was driving faster than about 50mph. Got there at 10:30... no big deal I guess

- The trailer had been broken when I reserved it, and they were supposed to fix it before I picked it up. Well they kinda did, which consisted of wire-tieing the wiring harnesses to the outside of the trailer, and patching holes in the loading ramp with some silver insulating duct-tape stuff :lol: , oh geez, too much. But I took it anyway, as I had a board I could lay over the ramp.

- Got home, hooked it all up in the driveway, loaded up the bike... couldn't get the tie-downs to cooperate at all for some reason... and by this time it was almost noon(keep in mind, I wanted to be up at the shop at around 10.. :lol:)... so my friend and I went to get lunch.

- Get back, write my "list" for the guys at the shop, get everything together, we both jump in the truck... turn the key.... it just cranks and cranks and cranks... I just drove it an hour ago?!

- So, after a few hours of troubleshooting(BTW, the truck/trailer combo is completely blocking the driveway, and until I get the truck moved, I can't even get the trailer out of my backyard! ).... we head to the auto-parts store in his car to get a new fuel-filter, as it seems I'm not getting fuel through the filter... maybe it's plugged...

- Oh yeah, so we get to the auto-parts store, we both jump out of the car, he hits the lock button... and the doors slam.... car still running. :rolleyes:

- So I laugh and just stroll on into the auto-parts store and get my stuff while he stays outside and wrestles with getting his door open with a coat-hangar he got from the shop....

- 45 minutes later, we finally get back to the house. It's about 2:30 pm by now.

- I'm thinking, maybe just maybe I can get this truck running and we can make it to the shop(30 miles away) to drop the bike off, as they'll be closed Sunday and Monday... and I don't want to be stuck with the rental trailer for 4 days worth of rental! :wacko:

- Well, by this time, I've ruled out everything except the fuel-pump, which is the one thing I can't fix... as it's in the fuel-tank. And sure enough that turns out to the issue after further testing.

- So I call Moto Italiano to see how late they're open... and he says 6pm(good.. I can rent another truck to get this all settled), but then he says... "oh, but all the service guys are gone today. They got in late from their classes last night, and decided to not come in today... sorry." Ahh, gee I'm glad someone told me that when I called Thursday to make an "appointment" to drop off the bike! Good grief.

- So at that point I just unload the bike, and call U-Haul, which is just 2 blocks away, to borrow a truck(and they were nice enough to lend me one for a few minutes) to take their trailer back to them.

By this time it was about 4:30pm, I was covered in greasey-dirt and gasoline, and just exhausted.... and didn't manage to get one darned thing done, except find a new project to spend $500 on... a new fuel-pump.

And these were just the "high-lights" :lol:

...the tow-truck is on the way this Sunday morning :blink:

Yeah, at some point in the day yesterday, we just looked at eachother and said, "...no matter if we get this truck running, I'm not sure I even want to try to tow the bike up to San Mateo. This day is just too freaky. We'll probably have a blow-out and flip the bike on the freeway or something!"

Ah, just one of those days....

I guess I'll try again later this week.

*sigh*

al

:doh: Unbelievable!!! I have not had a day go like that in twenty years!

Wishing you best of luck on your next attempt :sun:

Or maybe this is a sign that you can fix it yourself...

Did you try swapping back to the original crossover and your undrilled mufflers?

Thanks Carl =)

I'll definitely keep that in mind the next time, although the U-Haul trailer is only $15 and around the block.... I think I'd spend more in gas coming out to your house picking it up! :lol:

Yeah, it was a "heck of a day"... but no big deal. The bike wasn't going to get worked on any quicker dropping it off late Saturday or if I get it there Tues/Wed... so I just put it in perspective, and made the best of the rest of the weekend :P

I tell ya though, it's always interesting to be completely "vehicle-less" :)

al

Al, sorry to hear about your "FUBAR" attempt to get your LeMans running. I keep checking in every couple of days in the hope to find out the culprit of your bikes illness.

Hope you get you bike running soon before this post grows to 6 pages!

Take care!!

• 2 months later...

Hi

On the subject of ecu eprom etc i have had a bit experience with my centauro.When i first got the bike it would stall often flat spot mid range and generaly run as though strangled,so i removed the plugs to see how the mixture was[it seemed as though it was fluffing :!: ],sure enough black sooted plugs so i cleaned plugs several times over next couple of months then decided to phone Agostinis.I was told that the programing of the stock eprom was designed to get motor through noise and emisions and it seems as though it had to over richen the mixture to make the engine stumble through the noise test.Answer was an eprom that Agostini provided that that made the engine run as well as it should have all along by ignoring noise emissions etc no more stalling and it sounded a lot better.I have had a quick look under the seat of my new Tenni and i see that the new ecu is much smaller and there is no way of changing the eprom which is why as soon as my bike is out of warranty it will get a xover and a pc.

Happy riding

Martin :thumbsup: