MOtorycycle Diaries

dukdark750

SOmeone was talking about Ewan Macgregor's bmw trip around the world ?? (Which I heard got awful reviews!) was wondering if anyone saw Motorcycle Diaries? I thought it was a pretty decent film! alot of crashing going on in the movie! that poor Norton! :( Brian

I saw a few of them as well, and thought it was OK too. Better than most of what is on tv, but then I only tend to watch News24 normally !

I guess it was kind of a strange program - in between a travelogue and biking prog, and I think it appealed becasue I tend to like both of these types of programs. I guess for most people in just fell in the middle somewhere....

Its out on DVD I believe - be interesting to see if it sells....

Ken

I have been reading the Long Way Round book and have quite enjoyed it- it is obvious that even though they had a support crew and interpreters etc that it was still a tough old journey taking into account the difficult route through Kazahkstan / Mongolia / Siberia etc.

If anybody in the Uk is interested, Charlie Boorman is doing a tour around some BMW dealers next week to chat about his trip- ticket proceeds to charity.

I may ride along to the Shipley event on the 15th.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=mot...S_WHAT'S-ON

Guy

Speaking of world tours and motobikes Dave Smith has just arrived in Australia - he's doing an around the world trip on his 1965 250cc Ducati. I can only imagine the pain! :) But wouldn't it be nice on a V11 :D

post-1495-1102547401_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Motorcycle Diaries is a pleasant little movie. Considering the Norton ES2 survives less than 1/2 the movie, and meets with a miserable end through total abuse and neglect, they could have picked a better name for the movie. Of course it had nothing to do with the bike, it was all about Chez Gavara and his growing passion for the poor and the deprived.

Not a ground breaker by any means, but a nice break from the usual crap out of Hollywood.

Ciao, Steve G.

I liked MD. Different than the usual movie.

Re Long Way Round. :doh: Why the hell would you take an 1150GS?? Especially when you have a support crew that can haul some of your stuff :doh: If they had to stick to BMWs, then they should have taken the 650 PD.

I've got the series on dvd and it's not bad. Of course I'll watch just about anything that deals with bikes. :race: