Underseat storage?

Skeeve

Um, I checked the FAQ, but...

How does one remove the seat? Is there anything under there?

Dang I feel dumb, but I can't seem to find how to get the seat off. Helmet lock sure works smoothly: perfect spot for the seat release, dumb spot for a helmet lock ["Hey Ma! Lookit how my helmet melts resting against the hot exhaust pipe! :blink: ]

Anyone care to enlighten me? :homer:

PS: I'm hoping the owner's manual is hidden under the seat, so don't go referring me to that; if I coulda, I already woulda checked that resource!

Um, I checked the FAQ, but...

How does one remove the seat? Is there anything under there?

Skeeve, the seat release is a keyslot on the right side of the bike, under the side cover, forward of the swing arm pivot. Insert your ignition key and turn 1/4 rotation and you will hear a click/pop kind of noise. Grab the seat strap and jiggle around to release it. It lifts right off.

If it doesn't right off, grab the rear edge of the seat/cowling and lift up and forward bending the seat base a tad (it's plastic, no problem). Sometimes I have to do that to mine and if there's very much under the seat, I definitely have to do this little dance to make it open.

I had a "sticky" seat unwilling to release easily for some time. Lots of wiggling etc.

Finally i discovered that applying some grease to two metal hooks on both sides of the seat and corresponding parts of a frame where the hooks hook did the trick. The latch mechanism is not the culprit and needs no greasing.

The seat releases very easy now. all you need is pull it back (not forward) by the passenger strap and lift.

Guest V11Cowboy

There is room in the tail cowl for a pair of gloves, small tool pouch or whatever, there is room in each side cowl for quite a bit of light weight gear. I stuff mine pretty full on trips with socks , t shirt etc inside large ziplock bags, I also use cotton bags to store stuff inside the sides of the fairing

Skeeve, the seat release is a keyslot on the right side of the bike, under the side cover,

39028[/snapback]

:homer: The *right* side you say? No wonder I couldn't find it! Never even looked at the right side of the Bike! All the seat latches on any motorcycle I've ever seen were on the left! :wacko:

Learn somethin' new every day...

Thanks for the info, & the wake-up call to never expect the routine from my new Goose!

:race: