Cheap shop manual

Enzo

Har there me buckos....

I'm going to be dropping in the FBF pistons soon with the help of Greg Field. We just jump in this stuff and see what happens.

Problem is, I need to know some critical torque values on such thins as the frame, swingarm and shaftie. Maybe someone out there can give me these numbers or suggest where I can get a CHEAP copy of the shop manual for my 2000 V11 Sport.

The factory wants $200 for the thing. F that.

Thanks in advance.

Helicopter,

I really appreciate this link, but it only again takes me to a previous post on manuals.  Surely there must be a copy of the SHOP MANUAL somewhere........Al????????

39109[/snapback]

Enzo,

There are two links there. One for the Owner's and and one for the shop manual.

First, you have to have a yahoo membership. It's free and it takes 2 seconds if you don't have one.

Then, log in.

Go to the V11 manuals home page.

Click on 'Files'

Here's the list of files you will see:

!!Free_browse_thousands_of_profiles_of_single_bikers!.htm 8 KB

California_Owners_Manual.zip

V11_Sports_Owners_Manual.zip

sport_1100i_owners_manual.zip

tree.gif

v11root

Download "tree.gif". This describes where you need to put the files that you are about to download.

Click on 'v11root'

Download v11cd.zip (you have to unzip the zipped files, of course)

click on 'gb'

download the 'v11.htm' file

click on 'css' and download the files in that directory and then go back and download the files in the 'img' directory.

It's easiest if you set up your directory structure before you begin downloading. The 'img' and 'css' suitcases contain a ton of files, so you ought to put them in their respective directories on your hard drive before unzipping them.

When you are done, you'll have about 5-600MB of files. They need to be in that exact directory structure or the links won't work (it's set up as a web page). Basically, set up the same directories as there are on yahoo.

Jason

Here ya go:

http://www.sportcyclepacific.com/featureditems.html

- $40 bound copy

booklt.jpg

But frankly, the shop manual is of limited value.

Guzziology, authored by your neighbor Dave Richardson, is the appropriate "Bible" of such info. I have both, and have used Guzziology much more often :huh2:

al

Torque values haven't changed much over the years. A 6 mm bolt is a 6 mm is a 6 mm. They almost always are going to be around 7 ft/#.

But if all you are looking for is a few specific torque values (head, rocker asmbly, valve covers), then Head bolts: 40-42 Nm (29-31 ft/lbs)

Fastening screws for rocker pins 6-8 Nm (5-7 ft/lbs)

Con Rod caps 61-66 Nm (45-48 ft/lbs)

And I got these from the shop manual I downloaded from yahoo. It's not an owners manual, although they are there as well.

And I'm with Al- Guzziology is da shizzle. Not sure what that means, but I stand behind my ignorance.

Jason

Al, I ordered the 'hard copy.' Thanks everybody. By the way, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone do a little business with Sport Cycle Pacific. I talked with Dave over the phone and he sounded like a super guy. Very friendly and honest-sounding.

Here's the link. Buy something from this guy:

Sport Cycle Pacific

Tell him Enzo sent ya.

Al, I ordered the 'hard copy.'  Thanks everybody.  By the way, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone do a little business with Sport Cycle Pacific.  I talked with Dave over the phone and he sounded like a super guy.  Very friendly and honest-sounding.

Here's the link.  Buy something from this guy:

Sport Cycle Pacific

Tell him Enzo sent ya.

39151[/snapback]

I got my copy from him and the digital copy from the web.

FWIW The digital copy is lower resolution than the Sport Cycle Pacific's copy.

So a few things are not as legible...not a big deal, but there is a difference.