v1 with short exhaust

Guest freddy

i've seen on v11 meeting's photo a v11 scura with short exhaust. it seems this scura has low handlebars, could somebody tell me more about this because i'd like to set low handlebars on my scura but it lokks difficult with the fairing.

thanks.

It looks like this Scura has any exhaust... :P

39371[/snapback]

I think you meant "...hasn't any exhaust...", but if you look closer at the photo, it's pretty evident that he took the stock headers, put a 90 deg elbow on the left and routed them both directly into an automobile muffler [Cherry Bomb glass-pak? Who knows?]

This is very likely a home-brew equivalent to the Quat-D can that is both much, much cheaper and reasonably quiet. Somehow I don't think he can get TUV to sign-off on it, but it seems a practical alternative to dragging the stock cans on the ground, and allows for good mass-centralization.

Ugly as spit, tho'... :o

I think you meant "...hasn't any exhaust...",

Applause for Skeeve!!!

Well I am not native English and it's allowed for me to make grammatical mistakes. But I appreciated your intervention, I hope it's positive and constructively

My interrest is for the handlebar and the settings not for the exhaust :D

39381[/snapback]

Why did you start the topic with "V1 with short exhaust"? :ninja:

That's a little bit confused :doh::blink:

to clear things a bit:

Clipons are mounted under tripleclamp. They are very narrow adjusted.

The silencer is no cheap copy of the g&B mufler. This is a complete custom made titanium silencer. Also the internals are quite different. The color on the outside is titanium nitrate. Sound isn't approved, but license is from the isle of man, there is anything allowed. Sounds really nice deep.

Sidestand is a piece of titanium, that is taken of, and goes into the hollow rear axle( titanium too) when driving. This bike has so much titanium. And is 180 kg

to clear things a bit:

Clipons are mounted under tripleclamp. They are very narrow adjusted.

The silencer is no cheap copy of the g&B mufler. This is a complete custom made titanium silencer. Also the internals are quite different. The color on the outside is titanium nitrate. Sound isn't approved, but license is from the isle of man, there is anything allowed. Sounds really nice deep.

Sidestand is a piece of titanium, that is taken of, and goes into the hollow rear axle( titanium too) when driving. This bike has so much titanium. And is 180 kg

39437[/snapback]

thank you for our answer.

I began this post by V11 with short exhaust because i'm interrested in modifications on this bike (and the short exhaust is one of his particular point). My hope was that someone like who knows it, could answer on what i'm interrested in.