Hepco Becker bag installation

Daniel Cooper

Gents-

I am 50% through installing bags on my Rosso. The instructions are in German only and the two pictures provided show very little.

The cross piece that goes under the fender apparently bolts to the subframe, and only fits if I remove a bracket that holds on the inner fender and stiffens the outer fender. The bracket will not go on with the cross piece installed. The inner fender also will not fit. It looks like I will need to either slot it, or cut off one end (eek !)

Has anyone else out there had the same issues ? What is the sanitary set up ? Respond ASAP, as I can't go X-mas shopping without the bags to carry the swag, and while I am a grinch, various kiddies will be very dissapointed Santa blows them off...

Daniel

The instructions should have come with a template for cutting the slot in the inner fender piece. That cross bar bolts up to the rear subframe where the license plate bracket is hooked on. I slipped in a piece of rubber to cover the opening made by slotting the cover.

On this assembly the installer simply cut off the top of the bracket. I put the slot in mine so the top portion will help hold the rubber in place.

39465[/snapback]

No template in my box. I knocked off the captive nuts on the fender bracket, and things seem to line up now with it installed. I think I can see how to slot the inner fender now that things are in place. Also the wire extensions for the turn signals are too short, so I will have to make some up. Last, the passenger pegs hit the rack. In the photos it looks like people put rubber hose over the end of the pegs.

Overall the installation is not the Korrect German experience I expected (and paid for).