Loud pipes save lives (and trigger car alarms :) )

robbiekb

So I rode my V11 for the first time in SoCal today. Yes this means that i finally organised the garage so that i could get it out from where it was hemmed in !

Well before the ride the first thing that happened is a humoungous leak from the back of the engine onto the crossover, it subsequently stopped but i'm a bit skeptical and have my eye on it. Anyone have any ideas ? It was a bit too clear looking to be engine oil, but too oily to be condensation or water (its been stored in a dry garage for 2 months)

oh well onto the ride, so the goose is insanely loud methinks, several times i clocked people doing lifesavers when they heard me coming, it's nice for peopleto see me rather than to always be avoiding asleep cagers...

once i got into santa monica and my parking garage , i inadvertantly set off about 6 car alarms on my way to my parking spot ACK! i'm not running short pipes ala enzo or anything , just Ti's with the Pods...ah well a spot of vtwin love never hurt anyone :)

So I rode my V11 for the first time in SoCal today. Yes this means that i finally organised the garage so that i could get it out from where it was hemmed in !

Well before the ride the first thing that happened is a humoungous leak from the back of the engine onto the crossover, it subsequently stopped but i'm a bit skeptical and have my eye on it. Anyone have any ideas ? It was a bit too clear looking to be engine oil, but too oily to be condensation or water (its been stored in a dry garage for 2 months)

oh well onto the ride, so the goose is insanely loud methinks, several times i clocked people doing lifesavers when they heard me coming, it's nice for peopleto see me rather than to always be avoiding asleep cagers...

once i got into santa monica and my parking garage , i inadvertantly set off about 6 car alarms on my way to my parking spot ACK! i'm not running short pipes ala enzo or anything , just Ti's with the Pods...ah well a spot of vtwin love never hurt anyone :)

39495[/snapback]

Don't they sound lovely in undergrounds? :bier:

btw, I just noticed this smiley. Coolest one on the web :race::race::race:

Robbie you're talking about the Moto Guzzi Ti pipes? I've ridden a bike with these and they did not seem that loud .... a nice deep throated burble but not head turning loud. Are they just the standard MG Ti pipes?

39495[/snapback]

Congrats! You must be really feeling the holiday spirit now that you were able to get your fix of "holiday Goose."

;)

WRT the loud pipes thing: didja forget your earplugs? That would account for why your Bike seems much louder than you remember... :lol:

About 15 years ago I actually lost 50% of my hearing for a few days because of a Motorhead concert

one of my favourite quotes was Lemmie saying "We're the type of band that if we moved in next door your lawn would die"...

i'm running Pods instead of the standard or FBF airbox so it makes it a tad louder :)

i think i didnae notice before because i lived out in the country and wasnt getting as much noise reflected back at me..

incidentally i was cleaning the goose yesterday while it was running to see if it was still dropping oil and a woman came over from next door to ask me if i was fixing the bike as it was so loud and it was scaring the baby !!

MotoGuzzis scare babys !