Freedom of speech

Admin Jaap

Except Belfast.... as a good Canadian, I can't possibly trust a bloke who doesn't cheer for the local hockey team.  Go Giants Go!! 

Hmmm. ..

as a good Canuck you should know british hockey really really sucks :moon:

I support my local team!

96.jpg11.jpg

Luleå Hockey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would support my local team too but since there is no NHL

The problem with NHL is that there are no teams, just companies.

In Sweden while the clubs still in many ways acts and works like

companies, it is still the membership who has the final word not a

bunch of greedy share holders.

Thanks to the NHL conflict the swedish hockey league (Elitserien) has

moved from the second best the the best league in the world. Most

swedish NHL stars and some czecks, yanks and canuckss too plays here

while waiting for the conflict to resolve (which doesn't seem to happen

during this season).

I must agree with you. I love hockey and I love a good series but I know that since the Americans have their hands in it it is no longer a game! Hence my joy at seeing my countries Junior team do so well because they are the innocents and are the basis of what is to come!

My apologies to all Americans who love hockey because I know that it isn't just the Yankee bosses who control it but it feels like it to us Canucks!

TV ruins everything..

I hadn't been to a game in a long time when a friend asked me to go to Maple Leaf Gardens about 6-7 years ago. We were watching the game and having a good time when the players suddenly stopped and went over to the boards...

"What the f**K?" I asked my friend.. "Commercial break", he said. They stopped play for a commercial?????? I couldn't believe it.

I gave up on professional sports a long long time ago. Like newscasts, sports have simply evolved into watered down entertainment for the masses.

end of soapbox.

Cheers, Tim

I agree with Bill & a few others who highlighted the time and focus aspect. I come to V11LeMans.com to read about Moto Guzzi's sport bikes, to learn about 'em and your experiences with 'em, and to help me decide whether to get a Ballabio/Cafe Sport. Also, I like to hear any new news/rumors about the company in general.

I don't come here to discuss religion, sex, sports, music, computers, or other non-Guzzi, non-V11LeMans topics. Too, when lists devolve into nonfocused areas, I just don't visit 'em--I don't have time to wade through the tripe to find the truffle, as it were.

Would that we could discuss the topic at hand...

People who come to a board to rip-off some information they need seldom come back. They are internet shoplifters. I would hate to pass on a real GOOD tip to such a person. People who start a community visit with each other and also talk shop. Life as a motorcyclist entails more than a technical tip or two. There is a big difference I think.

Guest Brian Robson

:blink:

People who come to a board to rip-off some information they need seldom come back.  They are internet shoplifters.

40811[/snapback]

So someone who uses information freely given by a contributor on a web forum, rips them off and is a shoplifter?

Of course they are Enzo, and they probably work for a government shadow ops department intent on world domination and the crushing of individual freedoms by copying your exhaust system :blink:

TV ruins everything..

I hadn't been to a game in a long time when a friend asked me to go to Maple Leaf Gardens about 6-7 years ago.  We were watching the game and having a good time when the players suddenly stopped and went over to the boards...

"What the f**K?" I asked my friend..  "Commercial break", he said.    They stopped play for a commercial??????  I couldn't believe it.

I gave up on professional sports a long long time ago.  Like newscasts, sports have simply evolved into watered down entertainment for the masses.

end of soapbox.

Cheers, Tim

40751[/snapback]

Exact same thing hapened to me when a friend took me to see the San Jose Sharks. Ruined a damn good fight..... :bier:

I've just created a new thread promoting my wife's web site on one of our children

shameless plug

Now there is very limited Guzzi content on this , one picture of the lad in question sat on his Dad's bike.

I just wanted to share this with you, my friends. It could have easily gone into the introduction thread. Or it could fall foul of a no guzzi no post rule. But I belived that its worthy of bringing into the open. I hope that none of you have had to experiance anything close to this, but I'm sure some of you will have done so or known someone in a similar position. I have no guilt in creating this thread , it's there should you you want to refer to it after dipping in or it can be ignored. It's your choice.

I don't think it will cause offence. But one could argue its relevenace on a Guzzi site for if you put the right words into a search engine you might find it never the less.

Without the off topic threads this site will stagnate. the V11 has been around for 5 years and most of the topics have been aired allready and can be dealt with in a search of old threads. They show what affects, intrests or makes up a Guzzi owner

I'm sorry I've started to ramble but that whats happens when you been at the G&T. i've only had two , but I find pints convieniant, don't have to get up to fix another so often. But hope you can pick our what I mean.

It could have easily gone into the introduction thread. Or it could fall foul of a no guzzi no post rule. But I belived that its worthy of bringing into the open.

40922[/snapback]

Martin, I don't think anyone can and will object to a link to a site that tells us something about you and your family. It's an eye-opener. Don't worry about posting it.

Oh, and tell your wife her site has a very professional look and feel!!