Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have any trouble try this link

http://daytonasite.free.fr/monproto/Englis...002/index2.html

Now the 2003 release of the bike is on his way.

Some delays due to fu^*$ù guys which have stolen some parts :doh:

above all must rebuilds the unique triple clamp & specials parts for brakes.

Need new triple clamp due to Ohlins Superbike whch have 58 mm diameters.

The 2003 release will be more beautifull (that is possible) , more efficient (Ohlins all around also for steering damper) , more powerfull (1225 engine) .

And still UNIQUE :rasta: & this is my bike :sun:

Hope to ride in 2 or 3 weeks depending on when my daughter will born in few days :bier:

I want those wheels :bike:

Arnold Barnhart can sell them to you.

They do cost a bit more than the dymags.

They are also available in dark grey.

If you want to go with perimeter brakes, he can also get you set up....for a price.

The front wheel is 1.6 kg less than the stock Brembo.

The rear is 5.8 kg less and comes with the rear hub and rear wave disk.

(good bye rear disk groan????)

Dymags is not an option anymore (usless you find some left over stock or used)

This is part of the answer I got from Steve Turner of Dymag Racing:

Unfortunately this year we have with drawn the Moto Guzzi range due to a

supply problem with the after market spline drive unit. Due to increased

cost from our supplier we have taken the Moto Guzzi range off our

application list.

I'm sorry for having to tell you this.

I would as Paul rather go for PVM

wheels, but I expect them to be very pricey :(

Yes they have a cush drive, that benefits the joints, reardrive,and most important the gearbox. The gearbox is expensive piece when you get problems there and don't have a spare:-)

Can't believe guzzi is doing that to the mgs01 too, they have no cush drive either.

It's easyer, cheaper and lighter without cushdrive.

The pvm wheel has a bearing in the wheel on the right side, guzzi only has a bearing in the steel part that's not solid connected to the wheel. From construction point of view, guzzi is missing a bearing there. Maybe that's why bearings go fast?

On the front wheel, the problem with bearings comes from the bearing spacer that is not the correct size.

We have gone off-topic, but what the h*ll,

I looked at the PVM site,

most rear wheel does not come in 4.5 x 16"

You have to go up to 5.5" width,

since that is the standard width on the Le Mans it probably

fits OK on my bike too, but I'm not sure I want a wider rim

Paul,

what width are you looking at (and what tyre profile)?

a set 5 spoke pressed alu for the V11 costs 2170 euro.

...nice, but all I can say is "woof" those are expensive!! :o

And as I look at these more, and the ones from GB that Arnold has on his LeMans(check out the V11 Friends section to see them on his black LeMans) ... I'm not certain that the angular design of these wheels goes well with the curvaceous V11 styling. A set of powder coated OEM Brembos might look better IMHO. Of course, that's a personal opinion. They are very nice wheels.

...and what was someone saying... I think it was Mike, about the lighter wheels on the V11 seeming to impact stability a bit??

I guess that's a good thing for me, as I don't need to find something else aftermarket that is very expensive I just "gotta have" for the bike :rolleyes:

al

and the ones from GB that Arnold has on his LeMans(check out the V11 Friends section to see them on his black LeMans) ...

I could not find the bike in "Friends"

Could you be more specific, por favor?

PS I agree that is a lot of money to spend.

But, it might be worth just doing the front, especially if you wanted a perimeter disk brake, and aftermarket forks like the Paiolis or the Ohlins.

But then the color and styles would not match....Oh, well.

More off topic stuff:

Doesn't it seem kind of backward engineering to go upside down forks and then put perimeter brakes on, which requires a longer, heavier bracket going to the calibers?

Well okay, it works, but perimeter brakes with right side up forks may be the ultimate set up.

Look at all the dirt bikes still using right side up forks, but I guess dirt bikes want light weight, and not nearly as much rigidity.

Still, my dream setup may be the front suspension frome the Aprillia Capo Nord which has Marzocchi hydraulic fork, 50 mm diameter sleeves and 6.9 inches of wheel travel, coupled with a fork brace, perimeter brake, and a carbon fiber and magnesium 17inch wheel.

Perhaps the travel would have to be shortened to keep the right hight reasonable...

• 4 months later...

So, I was really enjoying the Quat-D muffler but I was wanting a little more peak power.

After the muffler cracked and I had it fixed by welding and reinforcing I traded it for a pair of Mistrals.

Here is how the bike looks of the guy I traded the muffler to.

Bellissimo!

That blue bike with the burgundy accents looks really sharp..... BTW, looks like he's either relocated or pushed his regulator up under the oil radiator a bit?

My regulator hangs much lower over the alternator cover... which looks nice red on his bike as well BTW. Can't decide if I'm going to polish mine, coat mine, or just leave it alone...

al