Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

I got tuning linked today. The good news is that the bike is running better than ever. The bad news is that I did not get 90HP, or even close.

The map was all over the place, so mapping made a huge difference.

I gained 3 to 5 hp almost everywhere!

I will post the numbers and a scan of the dyno map another day.

The good news is that I am getting good mid range power:

53.73 foot lbs or 42.89 HP at 4200rpm. Must be better than what stock was on my bike :)

Peak torque 60.69 at about 5400rpm. not bad, not great...

But only 73.16 HP at about 7800rpm. I may have been getting more with the stock bike, but I'll probably never know for sure. :(

It may be getting close to time for carillo rods, fbf high compression piston, engine balancing, and Mike Rich porting.

But then again, less power may mean less stress on the transmission and clutch, etc.

I love the muffler and would not trade it, but if you are considering it, you may want to know that it MAY have less peak power than stock, but possibly more in the middle.

It still has to be faster than 99% of the Californias on the road. :bier:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without serious engine mods you will not get 90hp at the rear wheel out of a guzzi two valve motor. My 1100 sport which has the striaght cut gearbox which is supposed to transfer the power more efficently than the helical cut five speed with a full tergminoni system and flatslide FCR's professionally tuned (read new ecu optimumally mapped) is punching out around 75 hp at the rear wheel. The tuning guy did say there might be another couple of hp buy leaning the motor out, the day it was dynoed was a mild march day of 38 celcius. Athough come winter it would need to be richened up again and if it was his bike he would leave it alone. As one I prefere ridding with it than fiddling with it and this guy has set up most of the race bikes and is considered the local goto guy I took his advice. Out of ehaust and breathing mods unless the motor is vilonetly restriced you could expect at best a 3-5% gain. So I would be reckoning on you figre been pretty close to the mark.

A number of factors like tempreture atlitude etc etc will affect this but with the Daytona undoubtly the extra 1000 rpm till readline works very well with the way hp is calculated. The thing is Guzzi have always only ever cliam 90hp from the two valvers thats at the flywheel. So out of a stock bike there is no way you are going to get 90 hp at the rear wheel the daytonas numbers are around 100hp for the stock motor. But I am sure most are already aware of this. Te MGS01 output will be intresting but the price is just way out of my league well if I want to go super motarding it is.

...And yet John T's Rippin' Rosso rips through the dyno with most of the power coming from pretty minor modifications.

Stucchi crossover, Agostini Mufflers, porting, and dyno tuning.

He also has hardened valves, an aftermarket cam and engine balancing and lightening, but I think most of the power came from the first bunch of mods.

I think some bikes have it and some don't, not that it can't be fixed.

Sometimes I wonder if I broke my bike in too gently. It appears to burn no oil, but the power and fuel efficiency could be better.

Atleast the Low and Midrange power is pretty good.

I do recommend that everyone rush out and dyno tune, the changes are impressive.

I would say that is failry major work to the engine it would of absorbed around $2000 requiring a total strip down of the motor without the expense of the mufflers etc etc. There is a easy way to get an extra 17% out of your motor for minumal cost just don't be disappionted with your inabilty to notice it on the road. Take it to a Dyno Jet rolling inertia dyno these things are very common as they are the cheapest on the market they are also the most inaccurate and generally read around 17% higher than anyone else. And yes i have been through the hp should be a hp argument but the basic fact remians and it is well known in the industry. Now why do I treat any claimed perfomance gains with power commanders and other do dads from this company with such skeptisim? You have just found out if they get off thier rings and send out recalibrated software to all thier dyno's they ever sold admitting they !@#$ed up all gratius of course maybe I will be prepared to take them seriously but untill then..... But for a cheap easy boost to your bragging rights, for me I'll take the real reading and thats what it makes I just need to learn to ride it properly.

Take it to a Dyno Jet rolling inertia dyno these things are very common as they are the cheapest on the market they are also the most inaccurate and generally read around 17% higher than anyone else.

Please don't tell me that I am only getting 61HP :wacko:

In any case, my bike gives me 10 times more than I need. The problem is that I would not mind having more power.

• 1 month later...

To complete those old posts.

If you have a look on my bike you will that i use the Furia Exhause

As it says here, the v11 mod is really different from the furia one .

In order to use a furia exhause on the supertwin you must use the Furia Frame ...

The tubing are special one's different of guzzi tubing.

About the sound , it quite special on my bike. :luigi:

Really metallic, far from the sound of my Daytona.

Not bad, not to noisy but different. :bike:

Hey Zeb,

I've tried twice to get into your web site, and it locks up my computer every time.

Is it you or me. :helmet:

I have been real interested in a muffler mod and the Gezzi Brian is at the top of my list.

Do you have any suggestion as to a fix for the computer glitch? <_<

J.R in NC, USA

:nl: