V10 Centauro

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Hey Jim, i'm looking for one too now that i can justify a 3rd bike living in socal.....give me a shout if you here of one for sale...

then its just a case of swapping out some bodywork and heh presto, insta MGS 01 look-alike !

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The centurao has the detuned four valve motor similar to the orginal daytona's. The Daytona Racing and latter the RS Daytona had the factory C engine kits fitted as standard which makes a significant differeence. The standard four valve motor is a little smoother and spools up a little quicker than the two valve but power is pretty well line ball and the four valver is down slightly on torque. The C kit motors are siginficantly faster. Unfortunatly for those residing in the USA the Daytona RS (Dunno about the racing) due to emission laws the the RS Daytona's were only ever fitted with the Centuaro motor. C Kit is good!

Guest dkgross

I've always like the Centauro as well.

Still haven't sold my LeMans.

Probably won't. Sold the MINI instead.

:)

Guest dkgross
Damn! Too bad. That was sweet little car Dave. How's the job search going?

40130[/snapback]

The car was sweet, but the payments weren't. My FJR will be here in late March, early April. I got in on Round 2 of the Pre-order thing...

I'd rather have two bikes. Parting with the Guzzi at a fair price is just not happening, and I'm NOT going to give her away for nuthin (unless Robbie wants her..hehehe)

Not worried THAT much about the job..Kinda don't want another full-time one for now..Looking forward to doing a lot of free-lance work, and taking a lot of time off to go riding this year :)

Kinda don't want another full-time one for now..Looking forward to doing a lot of free-lance work, and taking a lot of time off to go riding this year

I hear ya. I'm going to retire this summer and explore Route 66 (my driveway). Not too interested in full time employment until I get all of the bikes running and a bunch of other stuff.

I've always like the Centauro as well.

Still haven't sold my LeMans. 

Probably won't.  Sold the MINI instead.

40129[/snapback]

Excellent decision!

I think we were all sad to hear that you were considering selling the LeMans.

I'd rather have two bikes.  Parting with the Guzzi at a fair price is just not happening, and I'm NOT going to give her away for nuthin (unless Robbie wants her..hehehe)

40132[/snapback]

You can never have too many bikes. if you find yourself short of bikes just do what I do. Get a couple of bottles of good red wine and then log on to ebay. That's how I made up for selling my ZX6R and ended up with a Centauro instead!!! Trust me, it works awesome!

Guest dkgross
Excellent decision!

I think we were all sad to hear that you were considering selling the LeMans.

40134[/snapback]

Thanks ;) Believe me, selling the LeMans isn't what I really want to do..but..affording two bikes could be interesting. I can do it now without the MINI payment..but we'll see what happens when it's time to pay for the FJR.

I haven't had the Guzzi out for a while, and went for a little spin today...sigh...I sure love it. :mg:

Dave, if Jim gets the Centauro registration thing figured, for Canada, I may just pursue ownership of the only champaign Lemans in Canada.

40147[/snapback]

I'll be with ya all the way! If the Quebecers can do it so can we!

Reminds me of a joke.

A Quebec fellow and an Ontario feller were walking towards each other on the beach one day when they saw a bottle in the sand. They both pounced on it at the same time and wrestled for it. Suddenly a Djinni came out of the bottle and saw the two men holding the bottle. "He said "Since there are two of you you each get only one wish. Who wants to go first". The Quebecois looks at the Ontario feller and says "I want a wall 100 feet high all around the le Province du Quebec to keep out the Henglish!!" Boom!!! The wall was there! The Djinni looks at the Ontario feller and says "" What is your wish?" The Ontario feller scratches head a bit and then says "I want it filled with water!".

Dave !!!

sorry bout the mini but you can always get another one :) wheras Guzzis are harder to come by :)

Heh can you believe i'm a Mac Man now ? I just picked up a Powerbook G4..love it !