valve covers

Guest rrbasso

I'm sure that a 3 minute commute on any bike or car will probably produce the same results. It's my opinion that this kind of riding is the worst thing you can do to an engine.

Also, way back when I worked in an Alfa Romeo dealership, the head Mechanic, a grouchy old German fellow specifically brought in Shell oil to run in the Alfas. He hated Castrol because it left a white residue on the internals. Now, no one that Iknow of has ever proven that the white stuff caused any harm, if the engine had been run properly, but this mechanic just despised the stuff. I've got no problem with Castrol and for all I know it doesnt leave the froth any more.

But ya, 3 minutes running time is bad news imo.

btw, is this the same Pete Roper who used to race or is there another one running around? :D

This Roper thing has been bugging the hell out of me for days now.

:angry:

I got him confused with this guy :P

http://www.teamobsolete.com/

click on past events and then on Del Mar and it's Dave Roper who I was getting Pete Roper confused with.

I feel better now :P

39980[/snapback]

Thank God for that. I did race a couple of times in the UK in the late seventies or early eighties but I was so pitifully slow and such a scaredy-cat that I was a menace to everybody else on the track. Nothing much has changes since then apart from the fact I'm a lot fatter and my reactions are a lot slower :grin: .

I thought I might be being confused with the bloke from Team Obsolete. Sorry, but I can't even bask in reflected glory, as far as I know there is no family relationship between my family and his, Oh, and I'm adopted too which probably makes any similarity of names even more irrelevant :D

Pete

Tex, here is what i got when I clicked on your link....

A page referred you to a direct media link on our site. Please go back and request the author link to the page which the media file was on, rather than media file itself.

jfyi

Thank God for that. I did race a couple of times in the UK in the late seventies or early eighties but I was so pitifully slow and such a scaredy-cat that I was a menace to everybody else on the track. Nothing much has changes since then apart from the fact I'm a lot fatter and my reactions are a lot slower :grin: .

I thought I might be being confused with the bloke from Team Obsolete. Sorry, but I can't even bask in reflected glory, as far as I know there is no family relationship between my family and his, Oh, and I'm adopted too which probably makes any similarity of names even more irrelevant :D

Pete

39998[/snapback]

I was thinking of changing my name to Vermulen.

Do you think anyone would buy that? :doh:

Guest tiger956

I'm an AGIP dealer and Agip Racing 4T 20W-50 and you can call my store and i will ship you a case it's the best oil money can buy thanks gary no whip cream here!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-956-686-9600 fax 1-956-686-9610

Agip Racing 4T 20W-50

Agip Racing 4T is 100% synthetic multigrade 4-stroke lubricant, specially designed for use in highly modified multi-valve engines, providing the ultimate in racing performance and protection. Through a full synthetic formula maximum electrochemical bonding, producing a film preventing metal to metal start ups, rapid oil circulation during the warm up phase and exceptional valve train protection as higher speeds are achieved. Powerful anti-foaming agent keeps oil pressure high and heat transfer at a maximum.

20x1 liter Case

(45 .lbs)

• 2 months later...
I'm an AGIP dealer and  Agip Racing 4T 20W-50 and you can call my store and i will ship you a case       it's the best oil money can buy    

So if anyone can add his knowlege to this question

What about the 10W-60W Agip racing Full synthetic? Is it a good oil for our engines.10W Viscosity is better than 20W for early morning starts I suppose ,i.e. 0-10'C. (Spring-Autumn or winter) and I guess it can also be used in summer too.

I am not an expert so this is my assumption.:2c:

So is it good for our V-twin MG engine construction ?, or even more is it a better choice than the 20-50W in the above mentioned conditions.?