# 1 song on the day you were born

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Guest Steve_W

Winifred Atwell - "Let's Have Another Party"

Here's something depressing: Number 1 Album - "Nothing! The album chart did not begin until the end of July 1956." Oh dear...

I share my birthday with Keith Richards (Rolling Stones), Elliot Easton (The Cars) and (aaaiiieee!) Christina Aguilera. Well, at least she's cute. Keith Richards looked dissipated even in the 1960s and he hasn't improved since.

Who the hell is Winifred Atwell? :huh2:

Steve she was a black pommey piano player jazz style,aka Ray Charles,came to

OZ in the 60s for a tour and stayed for good. She used to play the clubs when I was a kid, I am 48.My mum was a fan,she said she played in the Honky Tonk style

Vince

Guest Steve_W
Steve she was a black pommey piano player jazz style,aka Ray Charles,came to OZ in the 60s for a tour and stayed for good. She used to play the clubs when I was a kid, I am 48.My mum was a fan,she said she played in the Honky Tonk style

The breadth of knowledge on boards like this consistently amazes me. Thanks, Vince!

BTW, I note you're already in the New Year. We're a bit less than three hours from it as I type this here in the U.S. Eastern Time Zone.

Happy New Year!

On 26th May 1951 ...

The Number 1 single was:

Les Paul & Mary Ford - "Mockin' Bird Hill"

Born on 26th May:

1926 - Miles Davis ( real name: Miles Dewey Davis III; deceased; Trumpet, Organ. )

1948 - Stevie Nicks ( vocalist, Fleetwood Mac )

1949 - Hank Williams Jr ( country singer )

1949 - Mick Ronson ( guitarist, Mott The Hoople; deceased )

1964 - Lenny Kravitz

1972 - Alan 'Whitey' White ( drummer, Oasis; replaced Tony McCarroll prior to the release of (What's The Story) Morning Glory. )

1975 - Lauryn Hill ( solo vocalist and with The Fugees )

I get John Wayne and Peggy Lee too. If you're curious about who else you might share a birthdate with, check out International Movie Database and fill in the fields on "On This Day in History".

The Number 1 single was:

Elvis Presley - "Good Luck Charm"

Not Elvis' greatest work...

Born on 28th May:

1910 - T-Bone Walker ( 'blues guitar godfather' )

1944 - Gladys Knight ( solo vocalist and with Gladys Knight & The Pips )

1959 - Steve Strange ( real name Steve Harrington; vocalist, Visage )

1968 - Kylie Minogue

1980 - Mark Feehily ( vocalist, Westlife )

Ahh, I knew we had a spiritual bond! :wub:

At the moment I don't have time to study... I'm too busy upgrading my wardrobe with mirrors and glitters...

That should be interesting. Leather motorcycle jacket covered in sequins. Are you going to upholster your LeMans seat in Taffeta? :lol:

At the moment I don't have time to study... I'm too busy upgrading my wardrobe with mirrors and glitters...

let us know how you mount the candelabra on the triple tree without upsetting the aerodynamics..

www.candelabras.com