Vancouver Motorcycle Show

Steve G.

January 14-16, 2005. I'm hoping to earn myself a free ticket in again this yr, done by volunteering a couple hrs at, in my case, the display that the bike club I belong to has. Everything is up in the air this year though, as the old managing group, Outdoors Canada, no longer does it. This new guy should have been talking to the non-profit clubs by now to tell us how much space we get, so we can gather the bikes, and people to fill this space, which they have not done yet.

It will be interesting to see if MGNA will bring the MSG-01 across the border, noting the much smaller market for bike sales, with 10% the population of the USA. And it will be interesting to see if Jim's new machine will be brought up as the display show piece.

Since the Seattle show has moved to early December, this show has often been a bit of a downer, with less bike manufacturers here, way more crowded, and the fact that the Harley biker crowd really show up in droves. The stereotype really makes me grind my teeth, as it includes "that" attitude we all know about, and the fact that this show really caters to this type. Even the beer garden, which only has cheap crap draft, not something with character, like Guinness, like Jim mentioned in another thread.

Hope to see local Guzzisti there, I'll be there Saturday.

Ciao, Steve G.

If you haven't been assigned a space yet, I think you may be out of luck.

Our club had a space confirmed over a month ago.

Imo, the Seattle show was crap in 03. So bad, that I havent bothered to go back. A new truck in the middle of the floor? Mezzanine not even half filled and no KTM, while Vancouver had an extensive KTM booth.

This year, our club will have internet access and a delayed feed of pics from some of our members who will be riding in Baja :bier: Some other surprises are in store. Next year's booth and activities are allready planned, with a good chance that we won't be asked back again :P:P:P The organizers may not like what we do next year but the customers who luck out will :bier:

• 2 weeks later...

With regard to the MSG-01 introduction an observation or two about riding culture on either side of the border.

In the States I see cruisers, cruisers, and more cruisers. In Montreal its sport and sport tourers. Its like night and day. In the States if you see a sport oriented bike, its probably from the big four. Its a rare day you see a 'cafe racer' of any sort, always a major event. North of the border there seems to be alot more sport bike diversity.

Makes me wonder if the real market for this sort of bike may actually be more favorable in Canada.

Guest Brian Robson
I'll be at the DualSportBC booth at noon on Friday, the GVMC at 10am-2pm Sat.  Then some more time at DSBC Sat afternoon and late Sunday.

40984[/snapback]

I thought you were at the "Kiss for a Dollar" booth :D:D

Helicopterjim asked me upload this small movie of the Guzzi Girl

Here is a little video clip of Rachel the Guzzi Girl checking out the 999R at the Vancouver Bike Show. I hope you enjoy it and perhaps you can put it on the forum. I still don't know how to link my own videos but i figured out how for photos.

MPG file (3 Mb)