Piaggio / Aprilia

Guest Fox

Found this on the Aprilia site, no mention of Guzzi and of course nothing on the Guzzi site - I wish Jaap would take it over!

31-12-2004   TIME 11:47

FINAL CONTRACT SIGNED FOR ACQUISITION BY PIAGGIO OF THE APRILIA GROUP

The fourth largest motorcycle company in the world is born with the acquisition of Aprilia by Piaggio Group. The new Italian two wheels group, present in 50 countries, have a production of over 600.000 veichles for year, with the 24% of European market and 35% of Italian.

Below the full press release

Milan, 28 December 2004

Piaggio & C., S.p.A. announces that today there took place the signing of the final contract with Aprilia S.p.A. and its shareholders (Ivano Beggio and his family, Holdipar s.r.l., European Moto Holding s.a.r.l., and Scarabeo s.s.), on the basis of which Piaggio & C. S.p.A. acquires 100% of the Aprilia Group.

The terms of the operation may be summarised as follows:

· the underwriting by Piaggio & C. of the whole Aprilia share capital increase for € 50 million, as previously voted on by the Company’s Shareholders’ meeting by means of a total make good of the losses, standing at approximately € 108 million at 31 October 2004 and the writing off of the share capital;

· the acquisition by Piaggio of loans claimed by banks from Aprilia for approximately € 98 million in nominal terms, by a payment of approximately € 34 million and the issue, by Piaggio in favour of those banks, of Piaggio financial instruments, with a maximum value of approximately € 64 million;

· the restructuring, with a guarantee from Piaggio, of the self-liquidating bank credit lines held by the Aprilia Group for € 78 million, of which approximately € 70 million have been extended to seven years duration at market rates and the remainder handled with a short-term credit line;

· the allocation to former Aprilia shareholders of Piaggio financial instruments and a possible earn out for a maximum overall amount of € 20 million, with a guaranteed minimum of € 4 million.

The outstanding Aprilia bonded loan of € 100 million will be fully repaid at its expiry in May 2005, with the revenue from a five-year bonded loan issued or guaranteed by Piaggio. IMMSI has undertaken to guarantee the placement of this bonded loan.

“Today’s signing sees the creation of the fourth largest motorcycle group worldwide.” said Roberto Colaninno, Piaggio Chairman “The new Italian two-wheel group, with revenues of 1.5 billion euro, a production capacity of over 600,000 vehicles a year and a presence in 50 countries, is ready to take up the challenge of the major international producers.”

“The acquisition of Aprilia” Colaninno added “is the result of the restoration and relaunch of Piaggio and will enable the full recovery of one of the most prestigious Italian motorcycle groups, with brands that are famous worldwide. It is a business transaction undertaken in full cooperation with the Italian banking system and which strengthens the Piaggio Group and projects its potential on a global scale”.

“The new Group” said Piaggio Chief Executive Officer Rocco Sabelli “has one of the most complete and diversified product ranges on the market, from 50 cc scooters to 1000 cc motorbikes, with a 24% market share in Europe and 35% in Italy, 8 industrial plants worldwide, six research and development centres, and 6,000 employees. We wish to maintain our ability to compete: the inclusion of the Aprilia Group in Piaggio will make our presence in key markets more incisive and will allow us to further increase and develop our investments in technological and productive innovation.”

The other Admin guy, Paul, is now off the country. I believe somewhere in France.

He will be back next Monday.

I say this because I know that Paul has more competence on this field than Jaap does.

Well, Jaap is a hell of a guy, but mostly does Paul translation and stuff like this.

We just have to wait until Paul is back in business.

Jaap, don’t get me wrong. Kusje… :cheese::nl::cheese:

Fox, you are right, but sometimes a decent italian to english translation would be very handy.

I think they don't mention anythng on the site before it's perfectly clear what Piaggio's plans with Guzzi are. I don't think even Piaggio knows...

Fox, you are right, but sometimes a decent italian to english translation would be very handy.

I think they don't mention anythng on the site before it's perfectly clear what Piaggio's plans with Guzzi are. I don't think even Piaggio knows...

40282[/snapback]

You're probably right Jaap. But I gotta say the Griso and the Breva 1100 are 2 of the most exciting and different bikes I've seen for a long time (not to mention the MGS-01). It's not like they have no exciting new stuff. I'm sure Piaggio would want to keep them unless of course they plan to sell it to help finance the Aprilia takeover.

Either way it would be nice for the ultra loyal fans to have an idea of what is happening and the Guzzi website is like a snail with info, it hardly ever changes, and my point was it would be good to have someone dedicated like you to keep the site fresh :)

Paul is skiing in France and will return saturday or sunday, afaik... and hey,  everyone can use online translators  -_-

40279[/snapback]

Yeah, just have a drink with him yesterday evening and he bring me some parts for a friend :bier:

So 3 hours talking about ?

:mg: and how or what we are going to modify, where do you want to shorton the frame etc :drink:

Don't worry he will come back :grin:

7-1-2005 TIME 11:47

PIAGGIO ANNOUNCES NEW MODEL PLANS FOR RECENTLY ACQUIRED MOTO GUZZI

Milan, 7 January 2005

Piaggio & C., S.p.A. announces that it has completed a review of new model plans for recently acquired Moto Guzzi. We have moved very quickly to redefine the plans for new models from the company, particularly focusing on the highly anticiapted MGS-01.

Our own analyses have indentified that Moto Guzzi typically attracts the 'more mature' motorcyclist, and we therefore believe that by combining the strengths of Piaggio and Moto Guzzi we can deliver a new concept in motorcylcing much more suited to this group of riders.

Our research has revealed that potential customers often suffer from age related conditions and would prefer a more relaxed riding style than that demanded by the original MGS-01 concept.

In addition these customers would prefer to have maching luggage as standard fitment allowing them to use the motorcycle for more practical purposes, including shopping.

After lenghty discussion we have decided to stick with the MGS-01 moniker, which now stands for Moto-Guzzi Scooter - 01, and this means that we will be able to deliver the machine to customers on the existing waiting list without requiring them to complete any new paperwork.

Piaggio refused to comment on plans for a racing verion of the new MGS-01.

Untitled_3.jpg

Ken, is that a Le Mans with Givi Luggage :lol:

Very nice photo editing!

But seriously, did anyone catch what the Piaggo guy said, "“The new Group” said Piaggio Chief Executive Officer Rocco Sabelli “has one of the most complete and diversified product ranges on the market, from 50 cc scooters to 1000 cc motorbikes,""

Notice that 1100cc is not included :angry: