V11 Seat Help

jimbemotumbo

My V11 didn't have a cowl when I bought it. I plan to add one, but for some reason there are no mounting holes in the seat. Maybe the first owner swapped seats from another model, or had the stock one recovered? The seat pan has the MG logo and part numbers, so looks stock. The seat is black basketweave over the whole surface and has a narrow red piping on the trim and between front and rear portions. Anyone know what I'm describing?

:huh2:

Am I SOL on getting a cowl to fit without swapping seats? I like my seat AND I'd like a cowl.

Any advice or rude comments are welcome.

I'll be ....

Any idea how to get a cowl on this puppy?

40607[/snapback]

It's not going to happen with that seat. Rich could re-do that one or I believe he had a couple of stock seats at one time . At the time I had the seat redone this forum didn't exist & I didn't know about Rich. The people at Sargeants told me I couldn't get the super cell foam in the rear section with the cowl because they couldn't cut it that thin :huh2: . I wanted the super duper foam in rear because I like to move my fat ass around & stretch out on long rides & if I could find a hot mama to ride on the back I figured she would like her portion of the seat to have the good shit too. I also had a Corbin seat that I prefered over that one, but you can't run the cowl with that one either.

The problem here is if the steel fittings that the cowl attaches to that go into the seat are gone, you'll probably have to buy a whole 'nother seat to get them. Check with a good Dealer to see if those fittings have their own part number and if you can order them.

There's a number of folks here that I did two up shaped seats for over the years. The hardware won't fit back on those seats so I just send it back with the seat in a baggie. perhaps one of those owners here would be willing to sell you the hardware if they don't plan to use it again.

If I had the seat and the hardware and the cowl here, I can recover the seat and reshape the rear as necessary to reattach the hardware and have the cowl fit again. Let me know if you want it done after you get all the bits together.

As a courtesy, pleas don't confuse my work with Sargents again. Those morons really f****d up my Mille GT seat back in '95. Charged a bunch of money, some of it just because it's a Guzzi, and butched my seat and sent me back a POS that didn't resemble what I had ordered. Rebuilding that seat after I was sort of back on my feet after my accident (I was run down by a crack head welfare queen a week after having the seat done by Sargents. Thats when my legs were crushed.) was the impetus that started my present business. To say that I want no association with their company would be putting it mildly. <_ thanks.>

Hey- I didn't get the feather!

Hey Rich, I've had the pleasure of sitting on one of your seats about a year ago. There is NO WAY my ass could confuse that seat with the Sargeant I am sitting on now.

I would like to find the hardware I need and just send everything to you for a complete re-do. I think I am going to spend alot of time on the goose instead of the Road King (at least around town and into the canyons), so a seat upgrade will pay divends!

Thanks all.