Seat removal

BrianG

My new (2000) V11 Sport arrived today. Can someone tell me how to remove the seat? I found the helmet lock, and thought it must be coupled to that, because it's sure a stupid place for a helmet lock! But no joy! Does the rear seat cowl have to come off first?

:doh:

Nope, try the right hand side of the bike. The seat will come up and then to the back to be removed. I would show you a pic but my Scura has exploded in my garage.

My new (2000) V11 Sport arrived today.  Can someone tell me how to remove the seat?  I found the helmet lock, and thought it must be coupled to that, because it's sure a stupid place for a helmet lock!  But no joy!  Does the rear seat cowl have to come off first?

:doh:

41254[/snapback]

Since Brian's post is almost a verbatim duplicate of mine from a month back, maybe the answer is something that belongs in a FAQ? Just a thought...

Thanks again for everyone's help!

:thumbsup:

Right on! Finally!

41327[/snapback]

Indeed...... So now it's just get the Form 1 from the Customs Broker, wait for the Form 2 from RIV, get the RIV inspection done, get the Out of Province inspection done, and go register the thing........ if I can find insurance for this big "SportBike". :drink:

By the way...... is LOUD lifter noise characteristic of this engine when it's -25 C?

Indeed......  So now it's just get the Form 1 from the Customs Broker, wait for the Form 2 from RIV, get the RIV inspection done, get the Out of Province inspection done, and go register the thing........  if I can find insurance for this big "SportBike". :drink:

By the way......  is LOUD lifter noise characteristic of this engine when it's -25 C?

41361[/snapback]

First point- it's not a "big SportBike"...it's uh, Moto Guzzi. Don't say anything else about it. Show them a picture of a California . I pay like $130 US for coverage for mine. And no, I didn't mislead the insurance guy- Guzzi is so rare here that crash actuary tables dont cover them.

Second- what's "LOUD"? You should definitely hear the valves, but mine sound about as loud as any machine- like a mill or a lathe maybe. My Eldorado sounds like it's about to assplode everywhere and you better duck the shrapnel. Any bike is going to be kind of tappy at -25 °C until the oil warms up and gets circulated. I wonder if you're pumping oil through the bypass circuit instead of up into the heads?

Jason

Guest ratchethack
is LOUD lifter noise characteristic of this engine when it's -25 C?

41361[/snapback]

Yep. Especially if you open up the valve clearances (highly recommended). Some of the Guys around here, myself included, go one step beyond "Euro spec" (.004 and .006) to .006 and .008. I find that having run both, .006 and .008 yields even better overall smoothness and performance, making valve clatter even a bit louder, especially when cold. This is normal and proper. It'll quiet down some when warmed up in hot weather, but not a whole lot. BTW - "Raceco spec" is .008 and .010, and many swear by this also.

I recommend warm it up fully, and often!

Congratulations, Brian. The 2000 Sport is a keeper. You're gonna LOVE it! :thumbsup:

And no, I didn't mislead the insurance guy- Guzzi is so rare here that crash actuary tables dont cover them.

When it came time to re-registar my bike I had to actually take it down to the court house so that a local sheriff could verify that it actually exsisted. The resistar's office didn't believe me. Then they asked me what it was worth.... ahhhh... $1000 or so. :D

Are those valve specs in/ex respectively?

Man... this is like back to the NORTON days! :bier:

Ya, well....... these donuts have a list! The M/G V11 Sport is on the same list as the CBR 900/929/954/1000 and the R1 and GSXR 1000.

Someone has a "number detector" up here, because they sure don't know anything about bikes! :huh2: