Atlanta Newbie

Guest danielk

Guest danielk

Hi all,

Have lurked on the MGNOC site for years but just discovered you here - now that I'm looking for a v11 sport.......

I currently own a Red 1986 Leman IV w/Agostini fairing and a Black 1999 BMW R100SA. My first Guzzi was a 1981 CX100 purchased new and kept for a year - until the seat wore mine out. Got the bug for another Guzzi in 2000, and bought the Lemans IV. If anyone knows of a V11 sport for sale locally here in Atlanta or reasonably close, please let me know...

Thanks much,

Daniel Krause

ATD sold a gray one yesterday.

The Rosso Corsa looks tempting, but fiscal (and matrimonial :D ) reality keeps me from a three-Guzzi fleet ... well, just now, anyway. :whistle:

Bill

ATD sold a gray one yesterday.

The Rosso Corsa looks tempting, but fiscal (and matrimonial :D ) reality keeps me from a three-Guzzi fleet ... well, just now, anyway. :whistle:

Bill

41722[/snapback]

Actually, the gray V11 at ATD was the one I bought a week ago. It was back at the shop to have the FI sorted out (running way lean on one cylinder right out of the box).

Coming from the Centauro, the tranny is a true joy. Titanium Guzzi pipes and Stucchi crossover will turn this into the "perfect" Guzzi -- for me anyway.

And, oh yeah, gotta get rid of those ugly mirrors.

Whoa!

Howdy. I met you yesterday when I stopped by to arrange for EV service. Consider stopping by one of the Ga. Guzzisti meetings at the Vortex in L5p. 2d Wed of every month @ 7 p. Next one is 9 Feb.

And shame on you. You bought that "a week ago," and only had 30 miles on it?! :race: Actually, bet you won't ride today. Brrrrrr. But week looks good T-F.

Seriously, it is mighty fine looking now, but the cans will make it look even better. The sound and performance will be stupendous.

I might, btw, be interested in those "ugly mirrors," or, possibly, in doing same mods with 'em you are.

Post here, PM, email, or call 404.808.8486.

Bill

Whoa!

Howdy. I met you yesterday when I stopped by to arrange for EV service. Consider stopping by one of the Ga. Guzzisti meetings at the Vortex in L5p. 2d Wed of every month @ 7 p. Next one is 9 Feb.

And shame on you. You bought that "a week ago," and only had 30 miles on it?! :race: Actually, bet you won't ride today. Brrrrrr. But week looks good T-F.

Seriously, it is mighty fine looking now, but the cans will make it look even better. The sound and performance will be stupendous.

I might, btw, be interested in those "ugly mirrors," or, possibly, in doing same mods with 'em you are.

Post here, PM, email, or call 404.808.8486.

Bill

41725[/snapback]

Bill --

I thought that was you I met!

The reason it had "only" 30 miles on it was because when I got it home I noticed the excessive bluing on the left header and didn't want to risk burning out a valve on a brand new bike. It was absolutely KILLING me not to ride last weekend, but I decided to err on the side of caution.

Unfortunately my workload (heavy) prevents me from getting to the Vortex on most Thursdays (though it's less than a mile from my studio). I'm gonna try to schedule a bit better in future.

Regarding the "Madonna" mirrors that came stock on the bike -- I like the way they work but I'm looking to "lower" the look of the bike. Since Albert bar-ends are long unavailable (though there is a set gracing the bars of my V50III), I've ordered some Rizoma "reverse" mirrors from Motostrano.

http://www.motostrano-store.com/rirmi.html

If they work as well as I think they will, I will GIVE you the stockers.

The new mirrors should be arriving in a week or two (backordered). I'll let you know.

Take care

Guest danielk

I'd love a 2004, but there seems to be such good deals on the V11's that are just a couple of years old....man, they depreciate quickly! Found some pics of a green sport with the magni quarter fairing (looks to be about a $1500 hit) that looks very sweet......

The guys from ATD may remember my Lemans IV from their Athens shop...was there about 4 years ago for some service --- they tried to get me to buy a green v11 back then :)

My brother was in town a couple of months ago, and showed me one of his BMW newsletters...it may have been bmwmoa, I can't remember, but, Moto International was selling them very cheap...I couldn't believe the prices on some late model bikes....

just prefer to find a local bike...

• 1 year later...
Guest guzzidude1100i

I have a 2002 well sorted out red LeMans with less than 6k miles.You can see a photo at my profile.

I live north of Cartersville and will be at ATD on Saturday morning the 9th getting new tires.