Any cool MG shops in Austin, TX?

al_roethlisberger

What about the bike shop in San Marcos- the Ghezzi Brian stuff?

check the user "supertwin"

41878[/snapback]

...yeah, I thought about that, but no offense to the G&B fans.... their bikes don't do much for me, even though I've seen a few in person :huh2:

To me, they are just kitted-up stock 2V'ers with some flashy bodywork(I know that's not entirely fair, but anyway :rolleyes: ....) Thank goodness too, as that saves me the risk of spending a lot of money, as the Supertwins are becoming a lot more affordable as time marches on :lol:

Now, Zeb's high-cam Supertwin bike, that's another story :P:

al

...yeah, I thought about that, but no offense to the G&B fans.... their bikes don't do much for me, even though I've seen a few in person  :huh2:

To me, they are just kitted-up stock 2V'ers with some flashy bodywork(I know that's not entirely fair, but anyway  :rolleyes: ....)    Thank goodness too, as that saves me the risk of spending a lot of money, as the Supertwins are becoming a lot more affordable as time marches on  :lol:

Now, Zeb's high-cam Supertwin bike, that's another story  :P:

al

41902[/snapback]

Al, I suggest a visit to AF1 Racing, one of the best Aprilia shops around. Not a Guzzi shop but those guys are enthusiasts and do dyno tuning, know their stuff and those are Italian bikes after all. If you can, meet with and talk with Ed on dyno tuning, he's very informative and knowledgable.

the sun must be getting to me, for some reason i thought the G&B's were 4 valvers ?

42196[/snapback]

Nope, just the same ole 2V engines as on the cruisers/V11. In fact, they have the old 5 speed trannies from the cruisers, not the 6 speed we have.

The new GBs may have the 6 speed now or in the future, I dunno... but this is part of the reason I found the GB to be less attractive than they might otherwise be. They do have some innovations such as the frame design, but especially more recently they just seem to be dressed up V11s than something really special... more of a styling exercise. One with a very small fuel range :lol:

Now, Zeb's SuperTwin.... that's a totally different story :D But his is a one-off.

al

Hey Al...

i'll be taking the bike to AF1 Racing this weekend (hopefully) if not next, to get

a custom map. i know the town pretty well (i lived there for a while).

shoot me a mail, see if we can hook up or som'thing... :thumbsup:

42376[/snapback]

Heya :D

Thanks, but I'll be home in San Jose this weekend :huh2:

But I'll be back in town the following week(Feb 6th), for one last week of work... then it's back to CA.

al

Cool,..

Al,... if you have the chance, try this place,...it's really cool, you'll enjoy. I used to live a couple of blocks from there, I used to hang out there for quite a while...

also, while in South Congress try Jo's coffee spot, also a cool hang out, and after, just cross the street here!,... can't go wrong.

well, try to give'em a shot...i bet you'll like'em :thumbsup:

it just remind me of a place right on downtown San Jose, an internet cafe, right next door to a pub called the flying pig, (or something to that matter), i don't recall the name of that coffee shop, but there's where i saw a Guzzi for the first time...parked iside, right next to the storefront glazing facing the street...yes,

love at first sight... :wub: it was (iguess a 2001) v11 green with a red frame,

i remember clearly saying to myself,..what a hansome bike,! ...what is it?

the rest, is history...

anyway, i better lay down the beer...

later :helmet:

• 3 years later...
Guest guzzifrans

There is a Moto Guzzi dealer here in San Antonio, Texas. They pretty much stock all models when available.

Nice showroom full of Ducati's, MV Agusta's and Moto Guzzi's. Parts business is pretty quick and they seem to know their stuff. Actually one of the guys has been riding Guzzi's since the Eldorado and Le Mans 850 days. Check them out.

They have a website www.kc-international.com.