Another new owner with a question

txrider

I just bought a low miles (3300) 2004 LeMans and have a squeak coming from the clutch slave cylinder area when I squeeze the clutch, just at the beginning of lever travel. I researched this and see at least one other owner last July had this problem but no one knew the cause. Anyone know anymore about this? The clutch slave looks to be not removable without first removing part of the rear frame to get a cross member out of the way.

I just bought a low miles (3300) 2004 LeMans and have a squeak coming from the clutch slave cylinder area when I squeeze the clutch

I've had this same sound from my Nero, so far I just ignore it and ride. I don't think it is anything serious. It seems to come and go a bit, or I've tuned it out. 7K miles and no issues for me, YMMV.

Guest Brian Robson

Squeaked from day 1...presumed they all do that and it works great and getting better all the time.....74,000Km and going :bier:

I've had no problems I also purchased a bike with 3K on it and it bothered me at first but they told me it was normal the reviews I read never mentioned it. JUST be sure you don't have lifter noise check your oil. I was also told they can tend to eat oil from time to time I hope they weren't "blowing smoke" though it was the dealer and if they can take a bike apart and screw you on labor they'll do it. But when I got my oil changed I was a quart low and I had less noise after that. I still feel I'm new with this My first Guzzi but certianly not my last as long as they don't fold. :mg:

"white rimmed stop signs are optional"

"white rimmed stop signs are optional"

Nice sig :D

Do keep an eye on the oil. They don't go through it very fast, but it's not a good idea to run low. Also the valves, if set appropriately loose, will make some noise. Like a very loud sewing machine. On the older ones they really do tick or slap or howl depending on the rpm.

J

(hmm. Like TX said....the above is a blanket statement- take it for what it's worth)