Gearbox/ rear wheel

Guest Brian NZ

Guest Brian NZ

My gearbox shat itself last year. I am in the process of fitting a second-hand 1100 Sport gearbox that was 'worn' just to keep me going.

The question is...Can I fit the rear end off a V11 to my Daytona 1000?

I like the idea of a 6 speed gearbox and a cush drve at the rear wheel.

Has anyone seen or heard of this being done.

Thanks in advance

Brian NZ

brian, I have that since 2 years. You need the whole rearend, gearbox, swingarm, reardrive, and a wheel with the brake. You also can use the daytona wheel, it fits!, only no reardrive. There are some small welding things to do on the frame.

The whole process is documented with pictures on my website. Click on the logo in my signature.

this is what you are after:

6spinframe4.jpg

Paul, as you know I covet your motorcycle in a way that is both demeaning and unhealthy!!!! How much would it actually cost me to buy all the shit so I can stuff a HiCam with a six speeder into a spiney? OK, so I'll piss lots of people off by putting some sodding great carburetors on it rather than using FI, (Shut up in the back row! Nobody asked you!!!! :bbblll: ) but every time I see pics of your unit I sort of go all weak at the knees and get brain-fade.

Is it possible to cram a HiCam into a V11 chassis without too many problems? this would seem to be a cheaper option than going the whole hog with your mods.

Damn, stop posting those pics!!! I'm quite happy with my crappy old Tonti's :angry::D:D:D

Pete

Pete, are you telling between lines that you consider building such a bike????

The 4v will fit in the v11 chassis. For the frame the only mod is to change front engineframe triangle. then the tank has to be mounted higher, because of the heads. And find a place for the computer that is bigger, or use a cliff computer in small case.

Get accident bikes to build one. Or a daytona with toast gearbox, with a crashed v11. Sell the remainders and it's not to expensive. On the above picture are no expensive parts used.

I sort of go all weak at the knees and get brain-fade.

Pete

42128[/snapback]

I'll believe the weak at the knees part, but get brain-fade??? The rubber chickens say you have a head start on that one :D

Pete, are you telling between lines that you consider building such a bike????

The 4v will fit in the v11 chassis. For the frame the only mod is to change front engineframe triangle. then the tank has to be mounted higher, because of the heads. And find a place for the computer that is bigger, or use a cliff computer in small case.

Get accident bikes to build one. Or a daytona with toast gearbox, with a crashed v11. Sell the remainders and it's not to expensive. On the above picture are no expensive parts used.

42133[/snapback]

I don't want the shit-bag, ugly, V11 tank, I want the lithe, gorgeous, sinuous, Daytona tank. Yeah, Yeah, I should look at using Cliff's 'pooter but, (Watch my lips!) I LIKE CARBS!!!! :bbblll: I understand them and they work perfectly well for my chosen useage. Barry's Carbed Daytona goes like stink, I'll just pester and moan at him until he helps me out if I get grief :grin:

Nah, I'm getting itchy! I detest the MGS01 I think its an ugly, derivative, turdbox and I'd rather have a sumo wrestler play timpani on my buttocks with blunt scalpels than think that that was the best you could do with a HiCam in a spineframe. anyway, if I do it myself I can paint it pink and fit a set of leather saddlebags with mother-of-pearl inlay and rhinestones on the back to shit off the purists. A nice mural on the tank of a naked girl with unfeasibly large breasts fondling a snake would be a nice touch too!!!! I'm thinking!!!!!! :blink:

Pete

Guest Steve_W
...if I do it myself I can paint it pink and fit a set of leather saddlebags with mother-of-pearl inlay and rhinestones on the back to shit off the purists. A nice mural on the tank of a naked girl with unfeasibly large breasts fondling a snake would be a nice touch too!!!! I'm thinking!!!!!! :blink:

Yikes! I think that brain fade's already taken effect. :D

Well Pete, a Daytona/Sport 1100i tank should fit on a V11 Sport just fine. The V11 tank fits on a Sport 1100i frame with no problem.

V11SportTTmodII.gif

That's what the "FrankenSport" has. You do lose some fuel capacity going to the earlier tank though unless you're modifying the bottom of the tank and running pods instead of airbox. FrankenSport is also running a full set of WP suspension from a Sport 1100i as well as porkchops. I just pitched the modified 96 carb sport timing chest cover for the real thing and a front seal that doesn't look like a potato chip. Now if I can just get the massive oil leak at the front of the transmission under control, the silly bike may be useful for more than holding down my garage floor in case of localized gravity outages.

Pete, don't forget to add some fringe and a racoon tail for the antenna. :D

Jason

42221[/snapback]

We don't have 'coons over here, I could substitute Possum tails or more likely fox, which are a feral pest. I think tassels and ape hangers would be a good look too, I might even get to meet one of those women with the 'MotoGuzzi' G-string that somebody found, (Tex???? :D ). The problem is when I meet women like that I usually get sprayed with mace and have to spend several days in a police cell, I can't understand why??? Just becaue I sort of have a pick at the edge to see what's underneath :huh2::angry:

Pete