Air Box Lid Bolts

Guest WildJackal

Guest WildJackal

I'm having a hell of a time getting the rear bolt out. The brass insert is spinning. I hacked the head off but therw is nothing to grab.

I will be putting anti sieze on it in the future.

Nuts, just installed my FbF Airbox kit yesterday...and guess who didn't use anti-sieze this time? :homer: k

Guest Thundering Subash

Sorry to hear others have had this problem as well. :luigi: I thought it was just a fluke problem I was experiencing. :blink: I had a hell of a time getting the front bolt to thread back in after replacing my air filter. :homer:

-Chris

:mg:

Guest Brian Robson
Sorry to hear others have had this problem as well.  :luigi:  I thought it was just a fluke problem I was experiencing.  :blink:  I had a hell of a time getting the front bolt to thread back in after replacing my air filter.  :homer:

-Chris

:mg:

42247[/snapback]

The front bolt threads into boss which is itself attached to the frame with a bolt. Its better to loosen this bolt then the airbox bolt lines up exactly...the boss bolt can be tightened after with an angled allen key. :bier:

Guest WildJackal

I had to tear the bolt and brass insert out of the plastic. Used duct tape to close off the hole, filled it with epoxy and put the brass insert back in. Lotsa anti sieze this time! Looks good! :bier:

You can get to that bolt by lifting the back of the tank.....