1st Service

Guest Buzz

I now have 500 miles on my LeMans and want a dealer to do the first service. I purchased the bike at Munroe Motors in San Francisco but I live about the same distance (25miles) to Moto Italiano in San Mateo. My questions are: Has anyone had any experience with these two dealers, good or bad? Can I take my bike for service to another shop other then where I purchased it and not be treated like the stepson , especially on warranty items? What is the cost (approx.) $ U.S. for the first service? Cost is important but I would pay more for good service. If there is anything else you can tell me about this service it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Buzz

It makes a big difference in price whether they replace the fork oil or not. I have heard that the factory does not always put in the correct oil quantities. But I don't think that the fork oil needs changing so soon.

My dealer charges $50.00/hour. My first service, without forks,was $120 US.

My 12,000mile service was a little over $450. :o The big difference between the two services was the fork oil and the brake bleeding as well as the air and fuel filters and I think greasing the shaft.... :unsure:

I bought my V11 Sport from Wilson's in Fresno and called Moto Italiano about having them service it.They were enthusiastic about servicing my bike and taking care of warranty issues (knock on wood...nothing major). As I recall, their price was LESS than I expected and the bike ran much better. Moto Italiano is NOT a big advocate of PCIIIs. Moto Italiano and Britallia Motors in Capitola are owned by same owner and so may have expanded resources. On the other hand Munroe Motors has a good reutation (as far as I know) and the few time Ive been in there (not for service) they seemed friendly. Munroe does have a larger showroom and more accessories on the floor. Bottom line, I'm very satisfied with Moto Italiano and have no real experience with Munroe Motors.

I think Moto Italiano just doesn't have much experience with the PC, and are big proponents of the FIM software.

Inerestingly though, what's funny is that when I was talking to their lead tech about my modifications the other day to schedule some warrantee work(some of my parts came in finally after 7 months!)... and mentioned that I needed it tuned again to run well, he just said I probably needed a PC and dyno to really tune it well enough to work with those mods(x-over, exhaust, etc..) as the FIM software could only get it close.

So maybe they're "coming around".... :P

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

I have had dealings with Monroe Motors and would recommend them. They are also a race shop having won an AMA Pro Thunder Championship in the past. I would feel more confident with them working on my bike.