side stand

zebulon

Here's another one:

prova-rs_5.jpg

DÄS-GUZZI Prova RS Under Umbauten. I've never found a price listed for it though. I believe it requires some welding to the sub-frame and may not work with the stock Guzzi colostomy crossover of the Sport 1100's and possibly not with the stock crossover of a V11 Sport either. I'd like to know more about the one posted above too. There had been mention on the old Australian Guzzi Forum of a Kawasaki stand that fits with a little bit of adaptation. Never could get any details out of those folks either though.

Of course I'm new to this consideration, having just taken possession of my V11 Sport, BUT what is the trouble with the stock side-stand, that has piqued the interest in these transplants?

i know the Daes stand but it is wafully too much for what it is :!:

nearly 400 EUR for a sidestand system is just crazy !

This is why i ask about this picture because it really seems to be a duc system and i could have such parts for few :grin:

But just want to be sure i have so many thing to do on my bikes that i don't want to lose too many times for such things :luigi:

About the interest :

on a dayto or a sporti if you are not more than 1.85 m you will have some trouble to put the side stand when you are on the bike.

Of course I'm new to this consideration, having just taken possession of my V11 Sport, BUT what is the trouble with the stock side-stand, that has piqued the interest in these transplants?

42483[/snapback]

Guzzi has always had a rep for sidestand quirkiness, it seems mostly because they've always had it too far forward by about a foot and a half. It just makes it difficult to implement until you've already dismounted, or vice-versa. At least it's no longer a spring-loaded tipover waiting to happen!

:homer:

I've really grown to like the OEM sidestand....

I think it's "quirkiness" is very cool... honestly :sun:

Plus, I've totally gotten used to it, and it's no problem to deploy.

Although, a different, and more practical issue is that some riders find the stock stand to interfere when really laid over in a turn. Touching down hard-parts in a turn can be an eye-opening(or worse) affair.

So, if that is one's problem, then yes an alternate side-stand solution may be in order :bike:

al

Jean Marc,

I did a serch and found the topic for you:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4036

The stand is a bit modified sport 1100 stand as I can see. Looks a bit bend to compensate for the more lenght.

In a picture that has a name like http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/uploads/po...91915_thumb.jpg

The 1087 is the usernumber who posted it. And when you then do:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1087, you know who it posted. Then go to the "Find member's posts", and find the post

Although, a different, and more practical issue is that some riders find the stock stand to interfere when really laid over in a turn.  Touching down hard-parts in a turn can be an eye-opening(or worse) affair

42506[/snapback]

When i had the oem engine without the 4 L oil v sump i had the problem with the side stand.

In big left corner the side stand was singing or even draging the road :P

I break 3 of this side stand in the mountains road of the French Alps. :race:

This trouble exist since the oil sump as increase from 3 L to 3.5 L in 1996 when the sport ie / daytona rs and centauro appears.

The trouble didnot exist with a 1st serie of dayto or sport carbs.

You could still have the trouble with all th the v11. :rolleyes:

but when you are riding hard :whistle: