rear hugger (fender) Carbon fibre wanted?

Guest Cantaloop

Guest Cantaloop

Hi folks,

ok, i ordered the stucci rear hugger already.. but i like the hoekenschnieder-version much more, because it is like the original one.

I talked with a company not far away from my location in germany: www.pferrer.de

This company produces raceparts in carbon fibre. If i could manage to get 20 people, who like to have a rear hugger in original shape, the price will be 200 euro for each... no shipping incl.

If you are seriously interested, send me a mail with your name, adress and your telephonnumber to freestyle-communication(at)vr-web.de. I dont earn a dime on this action. But i like to share experiences...

C Ya.

I would love to get a hugger that really works. I'm very surprised to see someone is making an expensive version of the original hugger. It's terrible - it doesn't protect the shock or transmission from road debris.

Does anyone make a proper hugger that really protects the transmission and shock?

Guest Cantaloop

Its me again... thist is the shape, i was heading for...

post-6-1078317487.jpg

The one shown on the pic was sold for 350 Euro via ebay. No problem, to improve it, the price will be the same.

But i need your help because i am not a constructor, designer - and i owned my V11 just a few weeks ago...

What would the perfect hugger look like. Send some drawings, pictures... an don't mind my bad english :food: it's karneval in germany... lots of beer...

Gentleman.. start your engines.. :D

Guest SDKFZ111
Its me again... thist is the shape, i was heading for...

post-6-1078317487.jpg

The one shown on the pic was sold for 350 Euro via ebay. No problem, to improve it, the price will be the same.

But i need your help because i am not a constructor, designer - and i owned my V11 just a few weeks ago...

What would the perfect hugger look like. Send some drawings, pictures... an don't mind my bad english  :food: it's karneval in germany... lots of beer...

Gentleman.. start your engines..  :D

42551[/snapback]

Guest SDKFZ111

Engine running. I notice that the Hoekenschnieder hugger is not shown on their web site anymore is it now discontinued? I was going to visit their shop last year (to buy a hugger ) when I stayed in Koln. I would be interested in one of yours if they were of the same quality. Not worried about any modification just the basic Guzzi shape will do as I never go out in the rain on my Goose. By the way, why is it nick named the Goose, thats not a very attractive bird.

Hi folks, If i could manage to get 20 people, who like to have a rear hugger in original shape, the price will be 200 euro for each... no shipping incl.

If you are seriously interested, send me a mail with your name, adress and your telephonnumber to freestyle-communication(at)vr-web.de. I dont earn a dime on this action. But i like to share experiences...

C Ya.

42545[/snapback]

Hi Cantaloop, if the version you will have made will include an extension to cover more of the tire i.e. in the direction of the swing arm pivot I would be seriously interested. I agree with many on the list that a hugger with an extension to block water spray and stones would be a welcome addition. Let us know the possibility, regards.

Hi Cantaloop, if the version you will have made will include an extension to cover more of the tire i.e. in the  direction of the swing arm pivot I would be seriously interested. I agree with many on the list that a hugger with an extension to block water spray and stones would be a welcome addition. Let us know the possibility, regards.

42600[/snapback]

Me too!

Søren

Cantaloop,

I agree to what Twithaker, Jan Biesel, Beauchemin and Keith have stated: It's neccesary to extend the hugger in order to protect the swing arm pivot and rear shock absorber as well. I also suggest we head the Al R way in terms of an extension flap or whatever you you call it.

On the other hand I would also like to see the hugger being extended rearwards to protect the undertray from grid, dirt and what have you. We do get our fair share of rain here in Denmark, thank you, so I suggest we also go for that.

I could imagine a hugger like the one seen here on the Magni Australia:

australia-1.jpg

Whaddayouthink?

Søren

PS: I just love the Australia - beautiful lines! A bit old fashioned in someone's opinion but what's wrong with that anyway? :D Unfortunately they are extremely expensive here in Denmark and therefore a rare sight. The German MC magazine, "MO", slashed the Australia big time in one of their chronicles. They gave the Australia 6 points out of 24, which means "poor".... :wacko: It's still a stunner in my opinion so f*#§ them!

13_part.jpg

OTTO_lato.jpg

Or like this?

Before spending any money on this, try out your idea!!, It might not work as you think.:-) You should study a bike from the side riding in the rain, so you know how the wheel sprays arround. The G&B thing is on the way, but to much cut away on the sides to realy work.

Much cheaper is to use a flat piece carbon( or plastic/alu) just before the shock like I have. Size A4. When you mount a fixed part comming from the tail, it's closed complete.

see picture

@Søren: the australia is nothing better than a daytona, I've seen the bare frame, that's no smart enginering:-( It's just as heavy as a standard daytona, and geometry is also the same. So you can like it for the looks, but that's it.

mudgard.jpg

The G&B thing is on the way, but to much cut away on the sides to realy work.

i confirm that on the g&b it is :

1) still too short

2) need to cover more on the sides

3) i am repainting my back each time under the rain :homer: