RISERS ARE ON

fernando

HELLO GUYS,

WHEN i posted last i did so regarding my seat.

i forgot to mention that i ordered and installed,the risers .

i thnak all in this board who helped with my decision.

i got the ones from the outfit in upstate new york.

i forget their name now because i am i florida and the bike and all the papers are in connecticut.

anyhow ,the riser were easy to install.it took me less than 5 minutes or so each.

and they look like they were made by guzzi and belong on the bike .you cannot tell that they are not oe.

as for function---------------

the riding position is very comfortable.no longer have to fall on my hands and carry some of my weight there .this makes cornering as if i had power steering because the weight is completely off the bars. therefore the lean into is quick and effective.and the leverage is also great.

so,i no longer have to relax my arms to have zero weigth on the bars when i lean into the corner.

also because the seat height was increased and the handlebars make me seat more upright there is less air turbulance around the helmet which is now very quiet.

so,overall ,a great addition to the bike.

i do miss the lean into position ,but i do not miss the neck pains,etc.....

and i forgot ,,there is no need to relocate anything.

and the risers have the added benefit of allowing you to rotate the bars towards you by about 10 degrees if you prfer.

the total height advantage is 1 1/2 or is it 1 3/4 inches ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fernando-

The picture came through just fine- all three times. :D

When you attach a picture, go ahead and click 'browse' to find the picture on your drive,

click 'add this attachment' only once (and it might be slow, so be patient)

when it has uploaded the file, you'll see the name of the picture next to the 'add this file' button.

Then just click 'add reply'

Don't you guys never get any snow across the pond? We are expexting more snow tonight (again...... :bbblll: )

Any job openings in Florida? I wanna ride my Scura!! Aarghhhh! (who said anything about winter depressions?)

200502221615_cms6dogndk.jpg

Please..... :notworthy:

Søren :(

• 1 month later...

i am back in connecticut .just got in last nite after 1400 miles on the road ,,by car .

i found the shots i took of the risers and i am attaching them here.hope that it works.

by the way,i came up too early,we are expecting 3 to 6 inches of snow tonite.

heading back to fla in 2 weeks and then back here in late june for a trip to nova scotia with 3 guys from miami.and from there we are riding back to miami via the pa.mountains and also tennesee to ride deals gap and the other great roads in the area.