Rosso Mandello

richard100t

Love the torque :mg: The front end feels a little squirrelly <_ can anyone tell me how to get the steering lock work i have a lot more initial observations but superbowl is getting in my way lol else notice scratch under seat toward tank end mine has one src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_bbblll.gif" alt=":bbblll:"> Hmm I need to know where to get a tool for the oil filter thing :rasta: It seems to be a great cold weather bike for the small fairing. I cant wait for the warm weather :!: Oh well thats all I can remember right now, catch ya later! Richard

Richard, for the squirrelly front end -- check tire air pressure...I use 34psi front and 37 psi rear, and loosen the steering damper to the point that you can't tell it is there...check the motor mount bolts and make sure they are tight. :luigi:

Steering lock...fork to left, jiggle while pushing down...be careful not to leave the parking lights on :homer:

The only "factory issued" scratches were caused by fork lock to lock when the gas tank wasn't "just so"...fixed it with very small, flat rubber bumpers (okay, with my bicycle tire kit, I wasn't riding the bicycle anyway) and a Guzzi tank bag. All other scratches, smudges, scuffs were self-inflicted...but bug smash seems to cover most pretty well. :race:

If you pull the pan to clean the screen when you change the oil, you'll be able to get at the filter without the special tool.

For cold weather, I added grip warmers (which also help a little with the vibration), but at 40 degrees or below, I'm still looking for coffee shops at regular intervals. Cylinders will warm your legs a bit if you move up close, though.

Enjoy. k :mg:

Richard,  for the squirrelly front end -- check tire air pressure...I use 34psi front and 37 psi rear, and loosen the steering damper to the point that you can't tell it is there...check the motor mount bolts and make sure they are tight.  :luigi:

Steering lock...fork to left, jiggle while pushing down...be careful not to leave the parking lights on  :homer:

The only "factory issued" scratches were caused by fork lock to lock when the gas tank wasn't "just so"...fixed it with very small, flat rubber bumpers (okay, with my bicycle tire kit, I wasn't riding the bicycle anyway) and a Guzzi tank bag.  All other scratches, smudges, scuffs were self-inflicted...but bug smash seems to cover most pretty well.  :race:

If you pull the pan to clean the screen when you change the oil, you'll be able to get at the filter without the special tool.

For cold weather, I added grip warmers (which also help a little with the vibration), but at 40 degrees or below, I'm still looking for coffee shops at regular intervals.  Cylinders will warm your legs a bit if you move up close, though.

Enjoy.  k  :mg:

42730[/snapback]

Hey Storm, thanx for the useful info! I'm going to check the tires now. Thats a relief about the oil filter too. Btw what kind of filter do you use? Weather permitting I'll have 1000 miles on it eventually lol :race:

Bento, yup, the grip warmers can cook you if you aren't careful...also run the battery down if you leave them on too long with the bike parked...just like the parking lights :homer: Okay, it was my fault, and the bike sat in the lot at work for over eight hours, so who knows how long the battery really lasted? TOuched it off the wife's Ford and rode it home though, so no ill-effects. Then read up on how you shouldn't jumpstart it...oh well! :stupid:

Richard, I have a UFI 2328700 filter in my bike. Bought them through Baxter Cycle in Marne, Iowa...although I am sure there are other filters out there and as many places to buy them. k

Hmm I need to know where to get a tool for the oil filter thing  catch ya later!  Richard

42724[/snapback]

Hi Richard, welcome to LeMans ownership, great bikes with loads of chrisma. info on the oil filter acess cover can be found here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...787entry24787

Come on spring!