Oooh, nice

kenm

Hi All,

I finally finished the Ohlins fork upgrade on my 2000 V11Sport and took it for its first ride today. What a nice improvement. The front end now trackes sharp and/or ripple bumps instead of hitting the top of them like going through whoops on a dirt bike. The bike feels much more stable when leaned over because the forks absorb bumps instead of twisting the tire. :bier:

Thanks again to all who helped me in one way or another. Special thanks to Paul Minnaert, Mike Stewart and Todd Eagan. Real special thanks to Thang Pham of McMaster-Carr, who sent me new bearings at no cost. Thanks Thang, they were exactly what was needed. :D

I've taken pictures along the way and will be posting a how-to article on www.guzzi-tech.com. This article relies heavily on the work done by people here, especially that found in the "hollow axle" thread.

Regards,

-ken

One of these days, I'm going to have to ride an Ohlins equipped V11 Sport and then hop on mine for a comparison. I have a full WP setup from a Sport 1100i. Then of course, I'll have to hop on a stock V11 Sport to finish the comparison. :race:

One of these days, I'm going to have to ride an Ohlins equipped V11 Sport and then hop on mine for a comparison. I have a full WP setup from a Sport 1100i. Then of course, I'll have to hop on a stock V11 Sport to finish the comparison. :race:

42748[/snapback]

Thanks for the report, Ken; looking forward to pics and write-up.

And, Carl, I rode the Ballabio to the Vortex one night last spring, and rode another Guzzisto's Cafe' Sport for a few miles in the area. All urban, but, oh my, what a difference on the streets.

Very hard to articulate the difference, but it was as if bumps undulated instead of pounded. And this was on streets/roads I ride very day on EV or Ballabio, so I have some rough spots almost memorized.

It is unlikely I'll buy another motorcycle anytime soon, but I can sure see swapping suspension bits out in a year or so.

Gotta admit tho--shallow as this point is given the improvement--the thought of gold Ohlins and red Ballabio gives me some pause.

Bill