Exhaust Note

DeBenGuzzi

Could anyone tell me the "Best Sounding" Guzzi exhaust? as in nice and throaty like a harley almost tho I know it will never sound like a harely. But when you can hear the induction and the clutch over the pipes something ain't right,

So in your professional opionons which would be the Best Slip-ons

FBF, Mistral, Quad d, Leo Vinchi, gallaseti-they are sweet looking. but no speakem the english, any others I know I missed.

The best Crossover- Stucci, FBF, are there others? I'm leaning towards FBF for price I can wait for them to come.

Also if someone wants to get technical and say which is the best peroformance boost thats fine too. I'm a rook and my eyes hurt from reading blogs all day. maybe this way will be easier.

:mg:

"ride it like you stole it, Then wash it for 2 hours and put it back"

wow.. next to oil and ECU's, that has been the most threaded topic..

I drilled my stock cans. nice rasp, kinda loud

Then I bought Staintunes.. mellow deep sound. Even with the baffles out I think they're quieter than the drilled stock cans..

I would suspect that most slip ons will be in the same range of sound. Only straight pipes, or BUB exhaust would be a BIG difference than slip ons.. I'd say pick a set that meets your budget, esthetic, and bling requirements and go for it..

Cheers, Tim

I Guess that is the most sound advice, I know it has been flogged to death but not one really describes the sound, they say "it sounds nice" or "its throaty" "or its too loud" or they just said where you can pick them up and they sound nice. because come on. how loud is too loud but if there was a comparison to be made is what I Was looking for. AS in loudest maybe throatyest to sounds like stock. I have heard a file with someone who had the quad-d setup and they sound rather close to stock. But those are the only ones I've actually heard. And a guy told me FBF was too loud. so my question is complicated on the net I'm sure you can't make threads like well my exhaust sounds like rump rump rummmmpppaaa rummmmpppaaa, But maybe someone has heard most of them and would know whats best.

Trouble is that there are very few Guzzi riders out there and even fewer of them ride V11's. So it's hard to get Mistrals next to Stock next to Staintune next to FBF and a QuatD next to that. Any aftermarket pipe is going to be louder than stock, I would bet. The aftermarket crossover gives another jump in decibels, but is well worth it.

Personally I've heard Stock, Mistrals (mine) and QuatD (early version). I like the Mistrals over the QuatD, which was more raspy and metallic (sorry dlaing). It wasn't bad sounding, but I just liked mine better- about the same loudness but lower frequency. I have the 'round' Mistrals, and I bet the 'oval' pipes (any brand) sound even better yet since they will give a better low frequency response.

Also, fwiw, mine sound like "rump rump ruummmmmpppaaa ruummmmpppaaa" (a little more rum in it :D )

Guest Steeltoe

What sounds best to one person may differ from another. I like the oval

titanium mistrals on my V11, along with the stucchi crossover, k&n air filter,

and I just got the power commander 3 installed. It is deep, but not too loud.

It just sounds good to me. I have heard california series guzzis with lafranconi

cans, and they are rather loud and raspy.

I'd love to be able to get the Titanium ovals. the MG ones. Well I inquired into 2 different dealerships I've heard they want 1,200 for them and they also have no idea when more will be produced. If I see a set on ebay someday I'll snatch them up. I know everyone is different I was looking for personal experience and possibly even compared to other motorcycles for the reason already stated I've only seen 4 guzzi's on the road 2 V11's and 2 old californias I think(dunno). So it makes it hard to know what they all sound like. its starting to look like I just need to guess. I'm probably going to go with the FBF Ti or carbon(undecided) ovals and crossover if the MG ti's are no more. but this has been helpful I was going to get carbon rounds, I didn't know the ovals give a deeper sound And thats exactly what I want.

Does anyone have good experience with the FBF set-up? as in quality construction, deep note, ease of installation?

Personally I've heard Stock, Mistrals (mine) and QuatD (early version).  I like the Mistrals over the QuatD, which was more raspy and metallic (sorry dlaing).

42771[/snapback]

But you probably did not ride the bike with the QuatD.

With Ear Plugs in, nothing sounds better!

Yes it is a little tinny, as that is the nature of stainless steel mufflers without fiberglass packing.

But they are not as tinny sounding in real life as the recordings on my site or Zeb's

I agree that from the perspective of bystanders and audience, the QuatD is not impressive sounding.

What is impressive is how the sound emanates from under the bike, rather than from behind you.

How it is louder to the rider than to your neighbors.

I want it to sound good for ME!

I miss my QuatD :(

I really want to improve on the design with something similar, but with two outlets and more peak power.

Frank may be on to something with his slick setup.

And Enzo with his Cobra.

...But maybe someone has heard most of them and would know whats best....

42763[/snapback]

I heard quite some of them, being at a meeting last year. Now I can tell you what I "liked" most, personally, and from driving behind them.

That's a bit like using the good old Castrol RS because it smells so good. Practically you yourself have to pay for this expensive stuff, the great smell is for the others.

Coming back to the mufflers I think the Titanium have the best sound and also the best look. But it was not very hard to find out that others definitely have better prices.

Now when I comute I always have the pleasure of great sound memories from then and the good feeling, that my V11 probably sounds equaly.

Hubert

Guest callithrix

I have the FBF pipes and they well made and easy to install. I had an oppurtunity to compare them with the round mistrals. The FBF have a much more deep bass tone ( much like a timpani drum) while the mistrals to me sounded tinnier ( don't know if that is a word). I'm very happy with them they make a bueatiful sound at full throttle. I think any pipe you consider will be fine, the ultimate consideration will be aesthetics and/or price.:bike:

The FBF have a much more deep bass tone ( much like a timpani drum) while the mistrals to me sounded tinnier ( don't know if that is a word). I'm very happy with them they make a bueatiful sound at full throttle. I think any pipe you consider will be fine, the ultimate consideration will be aesthetics and/or price.:bike:

42899[/snapback]

I second callithrix's comment. Very accurate description. The M4s I ended up with sound just like the FBFs, except I felt they were better built. I ran into a deal on the M4s, otherwise it's a toss-up.

I had amnesia once. Maybe twice.

That was a good one Jim, really made my day :D

Søren

PS: Just got an answer back from FBF/Italy regarding prices for CF cans, x-over, airfilter kit and a PC III. Not exactly cheap to be honest, but no pain no gain. May have a chat with Duilio Agostini to see what he can come up with.

I'm pretty disappointed with FBF. I bought their pistons which seem to work fine, but they WILL NOT answer an email. I need an extra part from them. but I have NO HOPE of ever getting it. ALL SALES ARE FINAL MY FRIENDS. That means they will take your dollars, but you will never hear from them again. Maybe it's different in Europe for some reason. If someone out there has a link to FBF THAT THEY ANSWER, I would love to have it.

On sound, I would say the Cobras are best, followed by Titanium. Ti not only looks great, but they all seem to have a rich sound. You get what you pay for I guess.

If someone out there has a link to FBF THAT THEY ANSWER, I would love to have it.

42934[/snapback]

Try contacting the V11lemans forum member named, Ragin' Pit Bull.

He works or worked for FBF.

I don't think he has posted in a while, so try the email link rather than the private messaage link.

Good Luck!