Things you learn on eBay

Admin Jaap

F.I.: I didn't know our V11's had the catalytic converter in the cross-over:

:D

42836[/snapback]

Well, it sure ain't in the cans! :blink: At least, not the ones I've seen the insides of. OTOH, the pics of the inside of the x-over show a nifty little perf'd. grid whose only function would seem to be to expose the maximum reactive area to exhaust gases...

So who does know where Guzzi hid their cat? Can't imagine why they'd put their O2-sensor in the x-over if the cats were downstream in the cans, but then I'm not too clear on the details of that stuff, I just know that the cat on my truck has wires leading to... the computer? Going somewhere, anyway, and there's no electrical connections anywhere else in the exhaust system. ;)

Well, maybe this horse should be beaten just a bit further ? :D

OTOH, the pics of the inside of the x-over show a nifty little perf'd. grid whose only function would seem to be to expose the maximum reactive area to exhaust gases...

....that's actually a good point, what is the "baffling" on the inner upper and lower surfaces of the crossover for? Sound deadening?? That seems unlikely.

It doesn't seeeeem to be a catalytic converter mechanism either, but then again ... :huh2:

But the OEM crossover certainly is a "Straight Through" affair, with no obstructions.

al