Guest jerroldt

JRT: A great brain teaser! The machine in question is clearly a 1937 BMW X head (the precurser to the wartime experimental Harley Davidson model) and has a modified Earls front suspension. The bars are clearly late model Harley Davidson with 1956 Cushman Eagle grips. The chair is from a late model Ural. I suspect that the lighting system has been upgraded to 12 volts. The unit above the cylinders is probably an early attempt at supercharging. The tires seem to be Dunlop Conti-Twins, the K112 and RB2. I haven't done any 3D photo's lately but picked this one up from the Spyderco Forum. This is one of the reasons for my perception into the mods made to this machine. If you can see the image in less than 5 minutes, you will understand my knowledge of the time and effort that went into customizing this bike. If not, you will probably think that the image of the motorcyle is just another strange piece of junk. I hear sirens outside!!!!

Close....so close, Jaap.

jerrold, you shouldn't start drinking this early.

Here's a different perspective. That's my wife by the way, and if you try to argue with her, she'll squash you like a bug.

(I'll post the answer in the morning)

J

mysterybike2.jpg

Guest jerroldt

JRT:

Your wife seems to dwarf the machine. Is this motorcyle image a model? It looks like your wife could step on me like Godzilla could have done and placed red toenail paint up into my nether parts where the sun doesn't shine. The saddlebags look like cheap aftermarket ones that can be thrown over the fender without regard to the marring of the fender paint. I have picked up on the seat springs and they definitely have come from a 1947 BSA. Too bad that the bike doesn't have a pillion seat (we called it a "a loaf of bread) in my day. Is the final drive a convoluted Harley belt or an industrial production line derivitive?? These older bikes are getting harder and harder to identify, especially when they are tricked out with parts from suppliers other than Custom Chrome and J&P Cycles.

Martin,

You know the old saying about 50ft tall radioactive typcast actresses.

OK, here's the poop- the bike was based, not from a lawnmower, but on a washing machine engine. That's a 2 stroke Maytag. A fellow built it up for his son in 1956- I guess in lieu of a go kart. It's a sweet looking little thing- looks like a lot of fun to drive.

Here's the next weird one (full size bike- you can see the parts it was made from).

Jason

guzzi.jpg