Am I crazy?

Janusz

I really want to get an Aprilla RSV Futura basically a mille with better fairings and slightly less HP easily fixable with a new exhaust and a power commander if I remember right. I was very very interested in getting ahold of a MV agusta F4 but have not heard great things about thier reliability as in the old addage if you can't afford to fix it you can't afford to buy it. I'm just not as big on the 4cyl as the Veetwins I low the low end torque and lack of the highband and since I drive beer trucks through town if I get a double the limit ticket I better look for a new job.

OK, guys. I bought it today.

Silver 2004 R1, brand new. ($2,500 below 2005 list price). Nobody had any 2004 leftover but this one dealer I know had and I just couldn't resist.

It is all your fault guys; not even one person adviced me against. I asked you for some words of sanity and here's what happened. :)

Anyways, I am picking it up next week after it is prepared.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Now I have 5 bikes (includind one old 1983 Honda which will be perfect for a sidecar when I am 80-something and cannot keep my balance too well).

:not: Hope it will rot forever (this Honda I mean).

I think every motorcyclist should own (or at least ride) a liter race-replica once in their lives. The power (140-160 HP) in a 440 lb bike, along with wonderful handling is truly frightening. You can get yourself into a bad situation QUICKLY.

Don't get me wrong. I love my 03 LeMans, but it seems like a big heavy tank after riding my 929RR.

Be careful Janusz! The cops are waiting for you...

Tim

Janusz,

I didn't really mean YOU. Just the bike. There's almost no way to talk yourself out of a ticket riding a sport bike.

I've owned quite a few sport bikes - never ridden them the way they were designed to be ridden - but I do like the leading-edge technology.

Now, why do I like the LeMans? I've said this before: Riding a sport bike is like flying an F-18; riding the LeMans is like flying a late-40s P-51 Mustang. Both cool!

Ride safe.

Tim

Good choice on the bike. I've had no problems whatsoever with my 02 R1. Dead reliable and for me, comfy. It is shocking how fast you can go around corners on these things though. Keep your eyes on the speedo because they can lull you into thinking you're not going fast, until you see triple digits on the speedo.

And it is true. You get no breaks from the Cops, even at my advanced age :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing up my own topic but just yesterday i picked up my new 2004 R1, silver color.

To give a two worded comment : I'm speechless.

A few more words: Didn't rev beyond 8k yet but already fells twice as fast as Guzzi. The redline is 14k and supposedly the real acceleration does not start before 8k RPM's.

thats why you can add a new exhaust can, take off the electronics and show up at just about any track and if you know what you're doing, you could win. Every privateers dream bike. :thumbsup:

although insurance high, Tickets many, and possibility of sudden death more likely than most. :ninja: