Signal-light Cancel

BrianG

Can someone with a wiring diagram for the 2000 Sport take a look and see if the signal-light cancel is triggered by a ground pulse or a B+ pulse? Or is it simply a mechanical dis-engage for the switch?

Thanks! :luigi:

I strongly suspect a mechanical disengagement switch. That won't show on a wiring diagram but fits nicely with cost cutting by buying a switch unit that is configured that way. Also fits in well with the KISS philosophy. Imagine the theads we'd have if WM made a turn signal cancelling unit that needed an aftermarket USB-programmable electronic module to make it work correctly :D

Imagine the theads we'd have if WM made a turn signal cancelling unit that needed an aftermarket USB-programmable electronic module to make it work correctly  :D

43308[/snapback]

Carl! Ya gotta find work!!

I did. Having tried that, I've decided to retire.

43331[/snapback]

You're smart. Work sucks IMO.

The last time I've worked for hire was in 1980 when I quit flying the airline.

I enjoyed life ever since immensely. Enough money for everything, lots of time for family, self improvement, satisfying activities.

Work is slavery.

On the topic though self cancelling turn indicator is more annoying for me then improvement. I have it on the cruiser and it takes my attention away from riding more then normal on/off switch. You constantly keep checking: is it still on?, did it turned off already?. You never know since it seems to have mind of its own, being a function of time, distance, speed possibly...