Manx GP Guzzi on EBAY

Guzzirider

That it one beauiful bike! I wonder what it wll go for ...

07_1_b.JPG

43394[/snapback]

Here's the other picture from the ad:

e2_1_b.JPG

Which really illustrates the irony of the Sport fairing w/ a blocked up headlight hole: he coulda/woulda/shoulda used the opening from the removed headlight to feed his ram-air system, and redirected the "scoops" on the side of the fairing to blow air on his heads (for sustained high-speed running reliability.)

Ah well, lost opportunities & all that... ;)

Getting the air to do a 180 degree turn back into the carbs would be tricky especailly with the distance that need to be covered on the Guzzi. Not to metion the tuning effects of have a excessive long intake tract. High speed reliablity with cooling whilst I can't speak for the modifyed motor the stock motor will run pretty well all day at or near redline on a warmish summers day (ie 36 celcius plus) with no ill effects. Its far more likely to overheat in heavy traffic. The orginal airboxs on the sport were actully fed by the tubes at the side of the fairing supposedly providing some ram air effect. Didn't have any effect below 100kmh and to be honest the way the airbox sealed I couldn't see it been particulary effective above 100kmh. Some of the tuning problems were also supposedly related to the harmonics of the airbox. The keliens with the pod setup worked so much better than the orginal delorto's you wonder why you ever messed with it in the first place.

In France they are a little cheaper but that's it.

I paid 1000 EUR for the FCR in 1996 .

And when you see the work done on the bike pistons, camshaft it is really hard for the money so it is normal he would like to have a part of his money back

even if we all know that we could never really get the money back for such kind of thing on a bike.

Just like if one day i would like to sell the supertwin.

I don't think someone would like to pay i don't know but at least 25 K EUR for my bike even if this one is absolutely unique !

Getting the air to do a 180 degree turn back into the carbs would be tricky especailly with the distance that need to be covered on the Guzzi. Not to metion the tuning effects of have a excessive long intake tract.

??? [Ram-air is not dependent upon a velocity stack extending from the carb- or throttlebody mouth to the airstream...] :huh: With the exception of the Cannondale, I can't think of any motorcycle with a front-facing carb that uses ram-air or not...

High speed reliablity with cooling whilst I can't speak for the modifyed motor the stock motor will run pretty well all day at or near redline on a warmish summers day (ie 36 celcius plus) with no ill effects. Its far more likely to overheat in heavy traffic.

Pinging is directly related to exhaust-valve temps. Running higher compression = more power, greater tendency to ping. Cooling of air-cooled engines is always the limiting factor on their power output. Let's put it this way: if your head temps are high, they heat the incoming fuel/air mixture, decreasing volumetric efficiency. Cooler is generally better... :)

The orginal airboxs on the sport were actully fed by the tubes at the side of the fairing supposedly providing some ram air effect. Didn't  have any effect below 100kmh and to be honest the way the airbox sealed I couldn't see it been particulary effective above 100kmh.

Yep, I know all this. That's why I brought up the topic of "since the headlight is out of the way, the defects with the stock ram-air setup might have been corrected." Pardon me for derailing the "let's mock the ebay listing" thread... :rolleyes:

Some of the tuning problems were also supposedly related to the harmonics of the airbox.

So I've read. Made me wonder why they didn't just put restrictors on the float-bowl bleed tubes, just like you do w/ mercury manometers [carbstix?] Could it be they [Guzzi & Dr. John] were too caught up in the problem of getting the Sport to market with the (then) current gee-whiz-gizmo of ram-air induction to see the direct solution? Makes me wish I knew somebody w/ a carb Sport who hadn't yanked his airbox to try it out. The problems with harmonics might also be the reason MG didn't seal the airbox sufficiently to get much benefit from the ram-air... :huh2:

Who knows... All *I* know is that a 2v engine has breathing problems in a world of 4v engines and needs all the help it can get at over 100 per... :bike:

:thumbsup: