Roll-a-click levers

kenr

I was in the US last week so took the opportunity to pop into the local Buell garage and pick up the replacement mirrors for the V11 - only took 10mins to fit and looks like it gives better visibility although I haven't had chance to try it out yet.

While I was there the spares guy was trying to entice me to spend even more money - the replacement indicators cost $5 each which is pretty amazing considering the cost in the UK. I considered buying a complete set of 4 (the plasic cover is clear with an amber insert behind it wereas mine just have amber covers so I would need to do them all - turned out he only had one in stock, but maybe next time :P ). One of the other things he tried to sell me on was some replacement levers which do look really nice - has anyone tried these ? Which ones fit the V11 ? I never seem to be able to resist an opportunity to spend more money on the bike :blush:

Ken

btw - I think I got a recording of the Guzzi program on my Sky box, need to catch up at work but I will see if I can sort out copies when I get some time :mg:

All Guzzis use the big pivot, same as early Ducatis.

Also available from a friendly dealer in Houstonmph cycles

43388[/snapback]

:lol:

I wish I'd have known this two years ago when I bought mine. Todd, is there a replacement for the clutch as well?

The 'gold' is....well....ugly I guess is the word (unless you have ohlins). I have silver and I like it a lot. The adjustment is more than stock, and it rests comfortably under two fingers.

I put one through the side of my pannier the other day (dont ask), and I can attest that they are pretty damn tough also.

J

I think at some point you have to decide when enough is enough, How many gadgets can you get and still not be happy well maybe happy but not content. I'm getting chills I did this with my last bike totally decked it out everything but the electrical on my little 01 suzuki maruader and I swear as soon as I finished with everything you can think of, I sell it and buy the Guzzi. I have to stop looking at some of these threads Its getting hard to convince the other half. Someone should find a way to add an empty wallet emoticon :glare: or possibly the angry wife :grin:

got'em...they're cool, they can be adjusted while riding, (if that matters).

to me they look more... 'mustard' than 'gold' ;) ...kin'd of like this:

43383[/snapback]

Whre can I get the wonderful accessory for the V11 le Mans shown in the picture?

:grin::lol::grin:

...I agree on the comment about the temptation to add "farkles" ad nauseum .... and recognize the argument about what things are "necessary" versus "fun" :P

It's certainly a balancing act, and depends on one's priorities and personal preference of what is "fun" about motorcycling.... and that's OK :bike:

From my opinion, with regard to these levers though.... if I had issues with the more limited adjustability of the OEM levers, say if one had really small hands, etc.... and/or broke an OEM lever, these might be good alternatives even from a practical standpoint.

I personally have a short reach, and if these levers can adjust to just a bit closer than the OEM unit, I might be interested in them.

So, that being said, can they adjust closer than the stock units?

al

Guest callithrix

Yes they allow a considerable reduction in reach to the levers over the OEM levers. Even with my short fingers I can fully brake and blip the throttle simultaneously. :bike: