flywheel weight loss

andy york

So while I have the tranny out I thought this might be a good time to loose a couple of pounds of flywheel inertia. :luigi:

Anyone else out there had this done ....who did it ....how much...results....good,bad, indifferent? :huh2: lemme know

:rasta: andy

So while I have the tranny out I thought this might be a good time to loose a couple of pounds of flywheel inertia. :luigi:

Anyone else out there had this done ....who did it ....how much...results....good,bad, indifferent? :huh2:    lemme know

:rasta:  andy

43413[/snapback]

I dunno what clutch your bike has in but the last of the 10 spring, twin plate units are about as light as you can get them. OK, you can drill a few holes but apart from that I'd suggest that you might compromise their reliability if you take too much out.

There is the RAM single plate option. Lots of people swear by it, but Having seen a few I reckon their weight is too far out from the centre of rotation to make much difference. I'm quite happy to be wrong on this though, after all, my favorite bike is a heavy flywheel Convert, (Currently spread from arsehole to breakfast all over the workshop :luigi::grin:

Pete

So Andy, not to derail the thread for too long... but just a quick detour :P

Since you still have your two FJ's, and being a former FJ owner myself... I'm curious what's it like to ride/compare the LeMans and FJ back-to-back? What are your impressions.

I'm just curious :D

al