Fuel Pump Relocation

BrianG

In which of the three "stock" locations on the 00-02 V11s is yours located?

1&2 are swapped locations of the filter and pump, either on top of the frame or underslung over the left cylinder.

3 is the old Centauro/Sport1100 location, where it is located out in front of the engine subframe, above the lowered oil-cooler.

Jaap has option 3 for example, which seems to be fairly rare, but a late model 2002 option before Guzzi opted for the in-tank solution starting in '03. This again, interestingly, is a throwback to earlier models than the V11.

We can only assume that this was to finally give some creedence to the vapor lock issues some experienced with the 1 or 2 location.

So to obliquely answer your question.... although I don't know of anyone converting a 1 or 2 located fuel pump to the #3 location, I am sure it could be done easily if you ordered the correct parts.

I do know that one owner moved his pump, or maybe the filter, up into the fairing of the LeMans... although I don't recall who.

In my opinion, after going through my extensive relocation project.... the best solution is to be patient and source a salvage 03+ tank(with internal pump/filter), have it painted, and install it.

It's a much cleaner solution, IMHO better looking tank, and solves all problems with the earlier system.. without the headache of relocating the external system.

al

Mine has the filter on top and the pump on the left side of the spine.

Does the in-tank-pump fuel tank fit the earlier models?

In which of the three "stock" locations on the 00-02 V11s is yours located?

1&2 are swapped locations of the filter and pump, either on top of the frame or underslung over the left cylinder.

3 is the old Centauro/Sport1100 location, where it is located out in front of the engine subframe, above the lowered oil-cooler.

Jaap has option 3 for example, which seems to be fairly rare, but a late model 2002 option before Guzzi opted for the in-tank solution starting in '03.  This again, interestingly, is a throwback to earlier models than the V11.

We can only assume that this was to finally give some creedence to the vapor lock issues some experienced with the 1 or 2 location.

So to obliquely answer your question.... although I don't know of anyone converting a 1 or 2 located fuel pump to the #3 location, I am sure it could be done easily if you ordered the correct parts.

I do know that one owner moved his pump, or maybe the filter, up into the fairing of the LeMans... although I don't recall who.

In my opinion, after going through my extensive relocation project.... the best solution is to be patient and source a salvage 03+ tank(with internal pump/filter), have it painted, and install it.

It's a much cleaner solution, IMHO better looking tank, and solves all problems with the earlier system.. without the headache of relocating the external system.

al

43502[/snapback]

Succinctly, yes :D

See:

2003 Tank Retrofit

Wasted Fuel In Tank

2003 Fuel Tank Capacity

...and one of our "longer" threads:

Relocating Fuel Pump

:luigi:

Again, in the end, sourcing a 2003+ tank with the internal pump/filter is the cleanest option if one is interested.

al