BMW and Aprilia(Piaggio) in cooperative talks

al_roethlisberger

Well in our bike park at work there are a couple of BMW flat twins similar age and mileage to my Guzzi, and I can tell you the BMW silver engine paint is flaking, blistering and coming off worse than that on my V11. So it seems BMW can't teach Guzzi any tricks in the finish department.

BMW is making some pretty funky stuff these days, so depening on which way the "influence" goes  :huh2:

Reuters Reports on BMW and Aprilia Joint Efforts Discussions

43968[/snapback]

I'll wager it has something to do with bringing Aprilia's middle-wt. v-twin to market under a BMW badge. I wonder if it'll be an enduro or street-only model? This could be interesting... :cheese:

THAT would be awesome. Although I'd still rather have it under the aprilia badge even without much aftermarket support. I'm passivly looking for a futura right now. And was set on getting a BMW montana b4 I decided on guzzi. I'm happy with this bike so I have no regrets.

THAT would be awesome. Although I'd still rather have it under the aprilia badge even without much aftermarket support.

44051[/snapback]

I hear you, & concur. But there are those out there for whom the WBM [wanna be Mercedes! ;) ] roundel has great significance: they'll pay extra for the factory stonewalling on fixing widely known design flaws! :D

But if Aprilia just inks a deal to produce the engines for BMW, that still spells lower unit costs on the Aprilia model. Yum. :food: