First ride with the Le Mans

gallo_se

Hi everybody, I rode the V11 Le Mans for the first time last saturday: let's start from the nightmare part: the motorbike is a second hand one red and black, with 12500km and 2 years of life. I bought it from the dealer in Turin, Italy, and I wanted to kill them for what they did to my baby, since thay had to paint the fairing, due to a couple of scratces from the previous owner, they unbilt the fairing and forgot to fix the right mirror and connect the turning lights, but that's a problem of them. The first real problem was that the motorbike didn't want to start, so they checked the electric cables without finding any problem. Then it started but the lights, the horn, the rpm indicator, and all the instrument lights were not working, after trying the fuses they simply removed the relees and place them back and everything was working then. Is that a miracle or what?

The first approach was not the one I was expecting, but then I went riding. The motorbike is wonderful, the brakes excellent, the engine is very smooth between 2000rpm and 5000rpm, and becomes very aggressive (a missile for one that was riding a California II) over 5000 rpm. The motorbike is stuck to the ground, even now that the roads are covered with frost. I am impressed, I didn't want to leave it. I also realized that I ride it differently in a road full of turns, I stay more close to the tank, while I sit more back on the seat when riding long straight distances. It ispossible to ride it in a more tourng way keeping it below 5000rpm, or in a more sport like way keeping it over 5000, amazing, great bike.

Hi Gallo,

Yep, it's a great bike. Slightly different flavor than the California!

The electrical problems could very well be the relays. You don't mention what year the bike is- if it is 2001/02, and the relays are original, then they should be exchanged.

Given that the shop took apart the fairing to paint it, I would also be suspicious of any connectors that might not be plugged in properly. Sounds like there wasn't a lot of attention to detail, so you might want to go over the bike once and check out the electrics and the fasteners.

Two other common electrical problems (but these don't match your symptoms) are the clutch failsafe switch and the sidestand failsafe switch. Both can be bypassed.

Enjoy!

Jason

God was telling you to replace all the relays right away! While you are at it, you should also check to see that your electrical system is well grounded. There are several threads here that will explain these topics.

When I was in Avigliana for a time I had no motorcycle. Seems a fabulous place to ride and I would love to go back just for that. I am envious!

Enjoy your V11.

...bla..., but then I went riding. The motorbike is wonderful, the brakes excellent, the engine is very smooth, and becomes very aggressive (a missile...bla...) ...bla.. I am impressed, ...bla... amazing, great bike.

Hey what a kind of bike have you bought??? :doh:

I want that bike too!!!! :food::food::food:

The motorbike is a 2003 red/black V11Le Mans, with the power commander updated to the last release. It has 12500km, almost 7000miles. As I said the engine is fluid, the brakes are great and the shock absorbers are fantastic. I cannot imagine if I chosed the Rosso corsa. The good thing is that since is second hand I had it for 4500 euro less than the new one, but according to me it is as new.

I forgot to say, tha fairing is protecting a lot against the airflow and I really don't feel the vibrations on the handlebar, might be that I am used to those of the California II? at any speed the trajectory is straight and clean, and the motorbike is very handy and light while turning.

OK, let's stop praising her otherwise she will become red........... :D

Avigliana is not far from Turin, there are two wonderful lakes surroundid by the mountains and the road goes up the valley, and it is possible to go on the top of the mountain and down in the next valley, those roads according to me have been made for the V11.

A7 Milano-Genova. I like it more than the cisa. Cisa is Parma-La Spezia

Gee man, I thought you were Italian!!!

Have yuo ever been outside of Torino?

44923[/snapback]

A couple of times, you know, we are called "bugia nen" which in our dialect means that we don't move :D