Transmission leak

Gio

First check that you haven't overfilled the transmission... it is very picky in this regard, and many leaks are caused by an overfilled condition, and cease once some fluid is removed.

Other than that, once the point above is verified/addressed, if I know the area you are talking about... you can clean the area extremely well and put some silicone there to stop weeping. This is just the press-in plug for the shaft(s) in the selector plate.

al

Al, youre so smart how do you know so much?  :notworthy:

45067[/snapback]

heh, thanks :D

... but honestly, I've simply gleaned the little that I know(and it is really just a flash compared to folks like Pete who know the ins-and-outs of these machines) from a few years of reading this very forum, and others like Wildguzzi :thumbsup:

... oh, and my share of "tinkering" or "breaking" things on my bike over the last few years :rolleyes:

al

You mean the leak from the recessed hole where there is a pin? My bike has been leaking there for years and the dealer never fixed the problem. I will have it repaired when the bike goes in for the recall. I think someone had epoxyed or used silicone around the area to stop the leak, but I would rather just have the sidecover replaced.

Mike

From the recessed circular black plate just above neutral sender connection......any ideas how to fix? Not a big leak but drips after a run.

Gio

45063[/snapback]

Transmission_Oil_Leak_01.jpg

You mean the leak from the recessed hole where there is a pin?  My bike has been leaking there for years and the dealer never fixed the problem.  I will have it repaired when the bike goes in for the recall.  I think someone had epoxyed or used silicone around the area to stop the leak, but I would rather just have the sidecover replaced.

Mike

Exactly - not a big deal but anoying eh? I think I'll try a dab of silicone.

Thanks,

Gio

Enough to get that great 90 weight smell at ever stop sign. :P

Mike

Exactly - not a big deal but anoying eh? I think I'll try a dab of silicone.

Thanks,

Gio

45073[/snapback]